You know you're a geezer when.......................

When HR hand delivers your retirement packet, unplanned and uninvited.....
Happened to me Friday.

When the Boy Scouts stop by as part of their Honored Citizens Check in, when it snows.
Happened to me this morning. I’m rather confident “Honored” does not mean I’ve done something heroic, honorable or noteworthy.

Makes me want to crank up the fire pit on the deck, drink a whiskey and shoot off a bunch of fireworks to annoy the neighbors. Then I can go from being a geezer to being the crazy old b@#&¥€d at the end of the lane.

craig333 said:
I wish I had a lawn. I also wish HR would hand me a packet.
When we went through my last round of budget cuts, I volunteered myself in lieu of laying off the programming staff that reported to me. The CIO refused, saying “No, you’re too eager”. Actually, she knew my severance package would have payed me for nearly a year.

I submitted my retirement papers a week or so later. No regrets.

pvstoy said:
.........In the morning you look at your weekly pill container to know what day of the week it is.

So true.
And, then you look at the clock you have that tells you what day of the week it actually is and you say...

"Crap, I've just missed three days of my meds."

More true.

.......................................you get such great news about your grandkids that your pace maker opens the garage door.

The other day I went out to my utility trailer expecting it to be locked like this....

UtilityTrailerLockedNormally.jpg

... only to find it locked like this....

UtilityTrailerLockedByGeezer.jpg

It's hard to believe that my attention span is so short that I

Back
Top Bottom