You know you're a geezer when.......................

Not to brag, but I just went into another room and remembered why I went in there.
It was the bathroom, but still . . . . .

JaSAn said:
Not to brag, but I just went into another room and remembered why I went in there.
It was the bathroom, but still . . . . .
Yes, but only a real geezer was going there to change his Depends.....and forgot.

OMG.. having Dad take all the tubes out and head to Thrifty Drugs to test them all to buy the one that was blown. Then getting a ice cream cone... those were simpler times.

pvstoy said:
OMG.. having Dad take all the tubes out and head to Thrifty Drugs to test them all to buy the one that was blown. Then getting a ice cream cone... those were simpler times.
Sure were.I remember using the tube tester at an auto parts store,"Pep Boys"
to check the tubes in the radio of my car.
Boy this is ancient history 101.
Frank

pvstoy said:
Thanks for springing loose an old memory- loved doing that with my Dad.

I remember going with my dad to 'fix' the TV using one of these

tube tester.jpg

My late father preceded me in the CPA practice. A longtime client of his, starting back in the early 1960s, was "Mack's Radio and TV Repair". My, how things have changed. RIP Mack and RIP "Pop".

Foy

Our local tube testing place was an electronics store, "Lombard's Electronics" on Main St.(it's a Carpeteria now). Sadly, there was no ice cream there. I'd have liked going a lot more if there had been.

Back
Top Bottom