You know you're a geezer when.......................

You guys with your new fangled electronic gizmos must be a lot younger. My first computers were an Antikythera Mechanism and an abacus

I had a summer job in college with the USGS water resources division. We used punch cards to prepare a data set for something called a step-backwater flood simulation. If everything worked well, our punch cards were fed into a machine (hopefully no miss-feeds) that transmitted the card information from Boise to Denver, where the mainframe resided. After waiting overnight, the run results would come back, usually with a zillion error codes, which then resulted in having to go back through the card deck to look for miss-coded, or worn punch holes or something else, then doing it all over again. We felt quite cutting edge in our tech skills.

Five years later I owned a programmable RPN HP hand calculator that could run each simulation in under a minute. Times do change.

For us ( dad and I ) it was the local drug store, soda shop. Where the medicine went across the store ( from back to front cash register on a wire overhead ) that was where he checked the tubes. I bought him a small common screwdriver from that store he carried on his key ring more than 50 years.
Thank you for the memories.

Too the moon Alice.

Russ

And in winter.... frozen spring!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 3.07.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 3.07.45 PM.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 58
Wow what a paint job !!! A Beauty. It looks pristine. Is that a 64? I bet fun to tool around in. My earliest memory was $.27/gal at Old Colony gas.

1965 76K miles.Don't get to drive it much.
To me the days of taking a fun drive seem to
be behind nus.
I do take a spin once in a while.
It is fun.Also enjoyed the occasional drives in my
1967 GT 350 but that also became a chore.It just wasn't
fun like it was a few years ago.

I was the original owner but after 50 years it was time to pass it on.
Sold it 3 years ago to a great new owner.

Time are a changing. Sounds like a good song.
have a great day.
Frank

.....when your wife reminds you two months :cool: after :cool: your birthday that you are indeed qualified to join her in a Geezer Pass! She's got me by 18 months and never passes up the chance to rub it in. Seriously, who makes Nixon jokes? :ninja:

But, I'm not done working just yet. I've got a few more years in the tank!

Heading East Side Sat am for north of Bridgeport!

Frank... I have a 1956 (mostly) R50 BMW (500) motorcycle ....since I was 19...so awhile. I had a 91 too (1000) for 28 years and just sold it....I crossed the US a few times on it but at my age was too much ...safety-wise with my less then 19 year old's response time. I drive around locally within a couple hours ride on the 56. The long hauls are now for FWC trips. I love the old bike ... that will sit with me as I slide into to home plate.

Great to have kept your bikes. It's hard to part with things you have kept for a long time.

This is my "baby". Really enjoyed driving it.5 cross country trips,
after 50 years of ownership and 187.000 miles it was time to pass it on to a younger owner.
Lots of fun it turned a lot of heads.

Oh the "good old days"I guess anything is the good old days compared to this year.

Oh well the new year will be here soon.Hopefully it will be better.
Frank

armoire 032.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom