You know you're a geezer when.......................

In the 50's you couldn't get away with wearing them.
Especially to school,heck a lot of schools didn't
allow "jeans or denim" of any kind.

Who pays a huge price for "per cut up" jeans?

My mom would have had a melt down if I had jeans with holes.

Oh well times are a changing.

Frank

I spent hours back in the early 70’s sewing patches on my jeans over the holes. Ok so I was a hippie with army coat too … long hair and moccasins. At least I did not pay for the look!!!

ski3pin said:
.....when you cannot understand why anyone would buy brand new jeans with holes in them.
pants.jpg

buckland said:
I spent hours back in the early 70’s sewing patches on my jeans over the holes. Ok so I was a hippie with army coat too … long hair and moccasins. At least I did not pay for the look!!!
The Army Coat reminds me- back about 1972 when I was in college I was still a military dependent.

So one day I was deathly ill with a cold or flu or something- so I went to the Hospital on Fort Jackson SC.
I got to the gate and they would not let me in wearing an "army coat"! I had to take it off and then already being near death with a respiratory issue had to walk a 1/2 mi from parking in 20F weather. That didn't help. Good times....

My dad worked for the US Army Corp of Engineers in Natick food/gear labs where they tested everything for the foot soldier. I got a lot of discards of cool stuff. When they were working on "Tang" and other dehydrated awful food for the Gemini and Apollo missions I got to taste them all and man they were bad!

.....................when everyone is suggesting the apps you can't live without and you tell them you don't have a smartphone.

Does anyone remember ,know about Shmoos?
I was given a set they nest like the "Russian dolls",
in 1950.Played with them for a few years some broke
so don't know what happened to the set.Mom probably
gave them away.

That's geezer vintage.Answer after a few guesses.
Frank

Shmoo’s? Like Lil’ Abner Sbmoos? The ones that first appeared 18 days after my entrance to the world?

Nah, I don’t remember those, nor the Jeep character in Popeye…

:p

ski3pin said:
......................when your favorite t shirts are looking worn and thread bare and you just don't care.
Or you think that $30 for a t-shirt that advertises the t-shirt brand is a bit ridiculous. I'll wear their shirt when they pay me the $30 to wear it. Until then I'll continue wearing all of my high school vintage t-shirts.

oops, this is the geezer thread, not the curmudgeon thread......

.....................when you remember being adept at pushing your own vehicle by yourself, hopping in once you got it rolling, and popping the clutch to get it started.

Back
Top Bottom