You know you're a geezer when.......................

+1
Many fond memories of my 78 VW ASI camper. In temps above 80 degrees F, It was unlikely that the starter would engage after driving for a while. This required parking on a small hill except for filling stations. I got quite good at stepping out of the vehicle, pushing on the windshield pillar, jump into the seat, depress the clutch, shift into 2nd gear and pop the clutch. After as few thousand times, you get quite good at it. :p

Paul

ski3pin said:
.....................when you remember being adept at pushing your own vehicle by yourself, hopping in once you got it rolling, and popping the clutch to get it started.
As a poor college student I went a whole winter in Duluth, Mn, without a starter in a '62 Valiant. Always parked at the end of the block, pointing down hill. Only got caught once with someone parked in front of me.

Did forget to turn the ignition key on once (or twice or . . . ) :oops:

mickey.jpg

ski3pin said:
.............................when you remember when "there's only one bar" meant that the Pine Lodge was the only place open.
And you only exchanged cell numbers when you were still in prison.

.......................when you remember when people worked a career, saved their money, and then hit the road in an RV.

......................when you get to thinking growing older is just one body part after another saying, "Ha Ha, you think that's bad? Watch this!"

You use to borrow tools from a good friend. Now you borrow a walker, cane, and cold therapy machine from the same friend.

billharr said:
You use to borrow tools from a good friend. Now you borrow a walker, cane, and cold therapy machine from the same friend.
So you're covered? :) The Lady has quite a collection that she's weaning herself from.

. . . . your mind is like your internet browser:
-- 19 tabs are open
-- 4 of them are frozen
-- and you have no idea where the music is coming from.

buckland said:
Getting worse!
songs from the '80s? I must be a REAL old geezer - I walk around singing '60s R&B, just about any Beatles song and even some Cole Porter while I try to remember why I came into a room.

You know you’re a geezer when you wake up (this morning, 11/14) to your baby girl turning 50, and retiring tomorrow after 30 years of Fire Service. I feel old.

Back
Top Bottom