Curtains

Jim49

Advanced Member
Looking to make curtains for the passenger side window in a hawk. Any fabric recommendations, tips, or tricks.

Thanks

Another way to attach curtains is to replace the window corner screws with screw in snaps, then make curtains with snaps at each corner. Sunbella makes a good light barrier if you want to keep it dark inside.

We did roll down curtains. Wife found some black out fabric that was brown on one side and white on the other. Velcro cross the top and a flat wood sewed in the bottom to hold flat when down and make it easy to roll up.

See 2:20 in this video

Here's my very simple curtain solution:

IMG_0406.JPG
With both the curtain and the shear down...

IMG_0407.JPG
With the curtain up and only the shear down...

IMG_0408.JPG
And with both up for full light...

I just used Command hooks, and made elastic loops at the end of the curtain. They stretch enough to go over the hook, but if I ever want to change my mind, the Command hook should come off cleanly. I did have to switch to the larger command hooks for the side window. Smaller ones worked on the front window.

Visible in this post: https://sierrashadow.wordpress.com/2015/06/29/overdue-posting/

I may switch to the thermarest padding solution for the front window, since I can just barely reach my hand in the crevice to put up the front window. It might help with insulation value also.

The only curtain we bother with is the one on the back door.
Since we like most have a screen door also,I moved the "curtain" onto the screen door.
I used the original rod and mover the brackets onto the screen frame.Than used a piece of dowel for the bottom,and just roll it up when not in use.
The curtain on the door between it and the screen is WORTHLESS,you can't raise or lower it without opening the main door.
Frank

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom