84 Fleet - 09 Tacoma - Project

Vic Harder said:
very cool, thanks!

JDeanP said:
This is super helpful. Thanks.

ski3pin said:
Another well done video! I'm intrigued by the conduit lifters. Thanks! :)

longhorn1 said:
Very very nice, jd
As always, thank you. thank you. The support really motivates me to make more videos. I am hoping my shoulder blade is fully healed within a few weeks so I will be back to getting the gally finished up. Ski season is still off to a very slow start here in Colorado so it was nice of mother nature to pump the breaks on the season while heal :) I am sure once I am 100% the powder will start pouring the the sky.

I am curious, most of you on here are my target audiance for my videos. What videos would you like to see more of? Would a recap video (slide show) of all the progress so far be interesting? What projects moving foward are you most interested in?

- Tim

Amazing work on the videos. Taking the time to do these videos is a public service.

I have been looking for a video that walks me through the shoreline/12v converter wiring for my used converter. Haven’t found a online diagram or video yet.

A headliner video would be great and a rooftop video would be awesome as well.

Hi All.

I am having a grand old time with the galley build. Really great to be making sawdust again. I put together a video of my progress so far, I would estimate ~40% done but maybe I am closer than I think.

I am still trying to figure out how to make the actual cabinets (doors, shelves, etc.)
If anyone has some build page, video, or article that clearly shows some else doing this please let me know. It would be super helpful.

Also, we are still trying to figure out colors! Should I stain the wood? Paint it?

Just got back from a night in the truck camper. It is going strong, lots of folks commenting on it!

Based on the number of folks doing house batteries, Solar panel and solar charger installs as well as ACR installs I think those would make good video topics - since you asked. ;-)

I will be doing a truck bed mod this winter to create side access to the wheel wells in the bed of my Dodge pickup and if I had your video skills I would make a video of that. The intent is to come up with something similar to the no longer made Royal sport body or the not in production "hide-n-side" fold down bed side.

Regards,

craig

Nice job Tim! I've got my galley, counter top built. but haven't done the cabinet doors or drawers. Been brutal cold here, so I'm relaxing inside. Maybe I'll wait for your video on building drawers and cabinet doors! :D

ckent323 said:
Based on the number of folks doing house batteries, Solar panel and solar charger installs as well as ACR installs I think those would make good video topics - since you asked. ;-)

I will be doing a truck bed mod this winter to create side access to the wheel wells in the bed of my Dodge pickup and if I had your video skills I would make a video of that. The intent is to come up with something similar to the no longer made Royal sport body or the not in production "hide-n-side" fold down bed side.

Regards,
craig
Solar is a great idea. And I love electricity, I will get on it. Shopping online for all the electrical parts today.

I have never seen the royal sport body before but I just checked it out. Looks like it was ahead of its time. I could see so many people wanting that these days. The utility of a flatbed with the look of a standard bed. Looking forward to seeing what you put together! And damn perfect for FWCs. Thanks for checking out my videos.

shellback said:
Nice job Tim! I've got my galley, counter top built. but haven't done the cabinet doors or drawers. Been brutal cold here, so I'm relaxing inside. Maybe I'll wait for your video on building drawers and cabinet doors! :D
Hey! Thats not how this works :) We are supposed to share the mistakes equally. Like how I how gluing pieces of plywood together yesterday because I put my sink in the wrong spot :) Glad you continue to enjoy the videos. Stay warm.

ski3pin said:
Your video are so much fun to watch, thanks for your well done documentation! :)
Thanks ski3pin! It's awesome that you continue to enjoy them. I will continue to make them.

Nice Video Tim

I have used the buddy heater in my wildernest for the last 4-5 years. At this point the buddy heater has a lot of issues. My advice is to buy a case for the buddy heater, and use it while not in use. Dust is your enemy for the filament. That and use one of those stupid buddy heater filters, have an extra just in case it clogs up. The Buddy Heater is awesome, and I want to buy another one for garage/shed/tiny house/camper. They are awesomely portable. I will use the case more diligently the next time around.

Hey Tim, I think all your videos are fantastic. They are a real treasure for those of us who work on our campers or are even thinking about it and want to know what might be involved.

One suggestion on the location of your cooktop. IME, leave as much space as possible between the burner unit and the side wall canvas. Primary reason is to avoid damaging your side wall material. I assume your cooktop probably has side deflector wings, but sometimes you might have a large pot and need to move them out a little bit. I would also error on the side of having extra space between the stove and the fabric because it gives you a little space to keep salt, seasonings, etc while you are set up. I know you already have the hole cut in the countertop, but just wanted to add my thoughts, FWIW.

Wildcat said:
Hey Tim, I think all your videos are fantastic. They are a real treasure for those of us who work on our campers or are even thinking about it and want to know what might be involved.

One suggestion on the location of your cooktop. IME, leave as much space as possible between the burner unit and the side wall canvas. Primary reason is to avoid damaging your side wall material. I assume your cooktop probably has side deflector wings, but sometimes you might have a large pot and need to move them out a little bit. I would also error on the side of having extra space between the stove and the fabric because it gives you a little space to keep salt, seasonings, etc while you are set up. I know you already have the hole cut in the countertop, but just wanted to add my thoughts, FWIW.
SHHHHH, Don't tell me these things, I'll end up building a whole new camper. Kidding of course. Very good point about the stove placement. I am gonna roll the dice on what I have now. I'll be sure to report back here if it ends up being a problem. Working in the shop as we speak.

Another great video. Thanks for sharing progress and making me feel bad about the lack of my own!

Keep up the good work.

JDeanP said:
Another great video. Thanks for sharing progress and making me feel bad about the lack of my own!

Keep up the good work.
Thanks JDP. I wouldn't feel too bad about a lack of progress, I've been working on mine for 2 years now.

Buy a camper to get out of house on weekends, spend all weekend in garage working on camper. I guess that counts as out of the house, right :). Labor of love so I do not mind. Its certainly been fun, and I can definitely feel the end approaching. Or at least winding down.

See, I swear I use the camper. Here is a photo of photographer friend of ours took.

gallery_6274_1000_80804.jpg

A video from the trip is in the works. Felt great to be out in the camper. Everyone had a great time!

I told you I do actually use my camper, not just work on it. Here is a fun video from last weekend putting this thing to use. Looking forward to another great weekend. Hope you have something planned too.

I think we could fit at least two more for cards around the table! I wonder what is the most folks their have been in a FWC. I know that one family on instagram has 2 adults and three kids.

Back
Top Bottom