84 Fleet - 09 Tacoma - Project

Over a beautiful summer weekend in June we took the Tacoma and Four Wheel Camper up the Poudre Canyon for some family camping time. With a late start on Saturday it took us a few attempts to find a suitable campsite but in the end, we were fortunate to get the last spot for the night at the Kelly Flats Campground. A beautiful little meadow right along the Poudre River. If you have ever been camping up the Poudre let me know if you know of some other good options are for next time!

Nice! Some great spots outside of Ward that I always have luck finding a spot..

Tim.. any issues with your lifters after some time? Someone was asking if they pinch the fabric, which they do, but not sure its an issue?

Trying to figure out how to store with top up.. but kind of want my garage back..

BBZ said:
Nice! Some great spots outside of Ward that I always have luck finding a spot..

Tim.. any issues with your lifters after some time? Someone was asking if they pinch the fabric, which they do, but not sure its an issue?

Trying to figure out how to store with top up.. but kind of want my garage back..
No I have not developed any issues with it yet. May have a couple of creases which I suppose over many many years could become problematic. But ~1 year in and everything is working nicely. I keep mine stored top down outside FYI.

I installed a water system in the camper. Just completely mirrored the original set up:

gravity fill tank
hand pump
simple grey water drain to the side next to propane.

Everything went really smoothly for me. really happy with how it all came out. As always I made a video about it. Let me know if you have any questions and huge thanks to Poky for giving me his old water tank.

Hey Tim,

Congratulations on getting your water system in, and another instructive video, good job.

I liked your choice of chain to hold the water tank in place, makes for a snug fit.

Lastly, you’re welcome, happy to find a good home for the tank.

Keep up the good work, thanks for sharing!

Poky

Just got back from an absolutely amazing trip!

A road trip from Boulder, Colorado to Pray, Mountain. Part 1 Through Sinks Canyon Wyoming, Lander Wyoming, Jackson, and Jackson Hole. The Four Wheel Camper and Toyota Tacoma is the perfect combo for such a trip. Plus having my brother with his BMW F650GS as the lead vehicle is certainly fun as well.

Two two parks I stayed at.
Sinks Caynon - https://www.sinkscanyonstatepark.org/...
Gros Ventre - https://www.gtlc.com/rv/gros-ventre-c...

I hope you enjoy the video I made about the trip. More videos are in the works. Best - Tim

The road trip continues:

Wake up in Jackson -> Check out the Tetons -> See a moose -> Drive the entire length of Yellowstone -> Look for a campsite -> Camp at the end of a rainbow in Montana

<p><span style="color: rgb(29, 33, 41); font-family: system-ui, -apple-system, system-ui, &quot;.SFNSText-Regular&quot;, sans-serif; white-space: pre-wrap;">Part 3 of my road trip from Boulder, CO up to Pray, MT. Finally made it the ranch! A video mostly of cruising through the Paradise Valley with the Four Wheel Camper and BMW F650GS. <a href="
">
</a></span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

After our big trip to Montana we had not been in the camper for a few weeks. But finally got out again last week as I was in Vail filming a wedding so we just stayed one night in the camper. The Aspens were prime last weekend. I made a video of the day

</a></p>

Plus it is time to shop for a new truck. My wife and I are expecting in January so I need a Tacoma or Tundra that can fit a car seat! Here goes nothing!!

Thanks shellback. We have to figure that out still. Need to figure out how a car seat will go in the tacoma (it won't) then we will sort out the crib. Can probably just rest of the counter directly next to the bed:) Will but in some sort of mounting system just in case but shouldn't be a major hassle.

Back
Top Bottom