A cluster in the Black Rock

Is this a dust storm? Or some kind of special effects? :unsure:

Burning Man 20140829-1.jpg

Looks kinda cool, with "The Man" rising out of it...

ski3pin said:
Possibly it is inflated?
It is built out of wood (pic grabbed from the internets). The sculpture is called "Embrace":

Attachments

• dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls.jpg
    dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 72
It's a pretty amazing construction. Here is an artist's conception of the interior from their Kickstarter page:

Attachments

• 82b6bdd0827ac5037d1bd46d6f357673_large.jpg
    82b6bdd0827ac5037d1bd46d6f357673_large.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 79
They burned it thursday, looked like a mini burning man last night. Sad a lady got run over by an Art bus :(

This has been enjoyable to watch from afar.
The art work alone has been fantastic.
The "embrace" statue, what a lot of work involved.

Seeing the different vehicles that roam the playa WOW. Saw some sharks and a sailing ship this morning.
This has to have some huge organizing group to keep it all running and safe.
Frank

ski3pin said:
Looking pretty empty out there......................................
Can you imagine the traffic jam -- or at least, very-slow line of traffic -- leading away from this? :eek: :rolleyes:

On my way from Redding to Bend yesterday afternoon, along US 97 in south-central OR, I spotted a couple of (likely) post-burners. A 4Runner with a couple of bikes on the roof -- knobby bike tires white with alkaline-playa-type dust -- and another rig with the Burning Man symbol
theman.gif
on the back of their trailer -- both with WA plates.

It must be quite a big job to clean up after all is finished.
Do you think some of the "unique" structures stay there?
The sculpture "embrace" sure had a lot of work go into it. What a shame to see it go up in flames or bulldozed over.
Oh well I guess that's what it's all about.

It was sure entertaining to watch though.

Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
It must be quite a big job to clean up after all is finished.
Do you think some of the "unique" structures stay there?
Nothing significant remains when they're done with the clean-up. They make a point of making it all disappear afterwards, they say here on the Burning Man site:

By the time the event is completed and the volunteers leave, sometimes nearly a month after the event has ended, there will be no trace of the city that was, for a short time, the most populous town in the entire county.

MarkBC said:
Nothing significant remains when they're done with the clean-up. They make a point of making it all disappear afterwards, they say here on the Burning Man site:

By the time the event is completed and the volunteers leave, sometimes nearly a month after the event has ended, there will be no trace of the city that was, for a short time, the most populous town in the entire county.
That's nice to hear that it's that well cleaned up.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
That's nice to hear that it's that well cleaned up.
Frank
Now, I've never actually gone there to inspect it myself -- so I can't personally verify how clean they leave it -- but I hear that the BLM enforces this requirement, and the BM guys (at least, the ones in charge) want to keep a green-cool-guy image.

Back
Top Bottom