Bundutec

I am also considering Bundutec. I like that they will build what you want, just not sure what I want yet.

It's pretty much Hallmark, Alaskan or Bundutec with Alaskan in the lead mainly because of that super comfortable dinette. I could sit in that for hours...lol

Every other camper I have been in has not been that comfortable and with long trips that is a big plus :)

We are graduating from a Roadtrek SS Agile to a truck camper for more off road and four season capability. We narrowed our choice down to Alaskan, Northstar and Bundutec. We have visited all three factories, sat in them, talked to Brian, Rex and Rory. We will be firming up the specs and placing an order with Bundutec in the next few days. Jenn and Rory are great to work with and we feel we will build as close to an ideal, low profile, light weight, minimalist camper that is possible with them.

Happyjax said:
I am also considering Bundutec. I like that they will build what you want, just not sure what I want yet.

It's pretty much Hallmark, Alaskan or Bundutec with Alaskan in the lead mainly because of that super comfortable dinette. I could sit in that for hours...lol

Every other camper I have been in has not been that comfortable and with long trips that is a big plus :)

I really like the Alaskan and they are very pleasant to sit in, kind of reminded me of our camper we had when I was a kid back in the 60's. But I'am not willing to spend almost twice as much for the Alaskan as the Bundutec and certainly not more for a camper than I paid for the truck it will sit on. I'am sure Rory could install a super comfy dinette in one of his campers, he likes doing custom stuff.

Pateuni said:
We are graduating from a Roadtrek SS Agile to a truck camper for more off road and four season capability. We narrowed our choice down to Alaskan, Northstar and Bundutec. We have visited all three factories, sat in them, talked to Brian, Rex and Rory. We will be firming up the specs and placing an order with Bundutec in the next few days. Jenn and Rory are great to work with and we feel we will build as close to an ideal, low profile, light weight, minimalist camper that is possible with them.
Welcome to the Forum, I'am a newbie here also. Jenn and Rory are great to work with, the personal attention that they give is 2nd to none IMHO. Anyway congrats on your coming order with Bundutec, sounds like our campers will be being built around the same time.

We live in Iowa, two hours away, so monitoring the build process should be fun. Thanks for the welcome.

Ordered our Bunduvry from BundutecUSA today, delivery in 14 weeks. Looked at several models in progress, they sure do fine work. We will have 320 watts solar, Truma Combi, insulated windows and skylight, Carefree rear awning and 2 AGM batteries.

Pateuni said:
Ordered our Bunduvry from BundutecUSA today, delivery in 14 weeks. Looked at several models in progress, they sure do fine work. We will have 320 watts solar, Truma Combi, insulated windows and skylight, Carefree rear awning and 2 AGM batteries.
Looking forward to seeing it. Congrats!

Pateuni said:
Congratulations!!! Sounds like an awesome setup. I almost pulled the trigger on the truma but it was just overkill for my application. You are going to be 1 happy camper in about 14 weeks!

With the additional insulation, it should be a great four season camper. We will put it on a F 350 4x4.

Pateuni said:
With the additional insulation, it should be a great four season camper. We will put it on a F 350 4x4.
. We have 2" rigid foam and it works great. So far we have used it as cold as 9F and the heater saw minimal use. I have taken it off the truck and it is sitting uncovered. The other day temps hit 100F and with it sitting on the direct sun with the maxxfan open but not on and one side window half open, it was not what I would consider uncomfortable.

windy said:
. We have 2" rigid foam and it works great. So far we have used it as cold as 9F and the heater saw minimal use. I have taken it off the truck and it is sitting uncovered. The other day temps hit 100F and with it sitting on the direct sun with the maxxfan open but not on and one side window half open, it was not what I would consider uncomfortable.
Your build has established a new model that Rory and Jenn seem very proud to produce. Rory referenced it several times when we were there. We started with the idea of a popup, but after bumping my head on a FWC, we decided we needed a taller door. I bump my head all the time in our RT Agile. Nice to hear of your satisfaction with the Riptide.

Pateuni said:
Your build has established a new model that Rory and Jenn seem very proud to produce. Rory referenced it several times when we were there. We started with the idea of a popup, but after bumping my head on a FWC, we decided we needed a taller door. I bump my head all the time in our RT Agile. Nice to hear of your satisfaction with the Riptide.
Thanks. Wish I had a need for another one. I'd love to build something else with them. I'm in the process of rebuilding an 87 dodge 3/4ton 4x4 manual tranny, flatbed. I need it as a work truck for now but maybe someday.....

Just got thru with a 5 day trip in the Gifford Pinchot Nation Forest. 577 miles of forest service roads, logging roads, and what I would call a few keep trails in support of the Bigfoot 200 Endurance Run. Several washouts, steep climbs, severe washboards, overgrown trails, and lots of really big holes.

The Bundutec Riptide was the perfect companion. It handled all the jostling, tossing around, vibrating and jarring really well. Everything held together really well and all our gear stayed securely in place.

Temperatures ranged from the low 90's to the high 40's with a little rain thrown in. We more than comfortable for the whole trip. We were the envy of several folks along the way.

windy said:
Just got thru with a 5 day trip in the Gifford Pinchot Nation Forest. 577 miles of forest service roads, logging roads, and what I would call a few keep trails in support of the Bigfoot 200 Endurance Run. Several washouts, steep climbs, severe washboards, overgrown trails, and lots of really big holes.
The Bundutec Riptide was the perfect companion. It handled all the jostling, tossing around, vibrating and jarring really well. Everything held together really well and all our gear stayed securely in place.
Windy it good to hear that the Riptide is working out so well for you.

Ours is being built now and talked with Rory Friday on finalizing some of the details of the camper. Will be picking it up in early October, can hardly contain myself waiting for it. Our camper is based off the Bunducamp model but has a lot of differences from a standard Bunducamp. We're doing a flatbed/tray camper and will be about 9ft long and 81" wide. Another difference/mod is the front 3' of the camper will be a large pass thru storage area with large access doors on both sides, basically a built in tunnel box. Being our truck is a regular cab the cab over portion of the camper will be shorter to match the truck. With the built in storage area of the camper and cab over length combined we will be able to have a RV queen size bed (74" vs 80"), would have liked the Extra 6" of bed but would had to extend the cab over length 6" which I didn't want to do. The rest of the interior will have a front dinnett, 12v door fridge, glass cover stove and sink, furnace, assorted drawers and cabinets. We also went with the upgraded windows (which were highly recommended by Monica of the Turtle expeditions) and the Heki skylight. We're also going with a 160w solar panel and the dual 6v batteries that are mounted on a slide out tray. There wasn't enough room to put in the cassette toilet option so we are just doing a port a potti which is what Gary and Monica use in the Turtle.

The amount of customization that Rory is Willing to do is awesome. The camper I'am getting probably would not be most people's idea of the perfect camper but is perfect for our needs. Oh, we have named our camper the "Grand Canyon Suite".

Back
Top Bottom