How about a Spring Time WTW Rally - Carrizo Plain ?

OK, packed up and ready to go. Just waiting for the Mrs. to get home from work and we're out of here! :D

I'll be off the comm lines at this point. The Carrizo is mostly a cellular black hole.

Here's the latest point forecast from NWS, bring your rain gear.

Thursday​
A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Southwest wind around 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.

Thursday Night​
A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 51. North wind around 5 mph.

Friday​
A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 64. Northwest wind around 5 mph.

Friday Night​
A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. West northwest wind around 5 mph.

Saturday​
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Night​
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.

Sunday​
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64.

Sunday Night​
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.

See y'all out on the plain!

Tuff Guy out.

Doesn't sound too bad. Passing showers. Used to that in the Sierra's. Partly packed. Rain gear and shorts just in case.

I hope everyone has a blast! I wish I could go and meet all you fine people, but I'll have to enjoy it this year through your pictures.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Looks like I'm not going to make it. Suffered a complication from the biopsy. Nicked a blood vessel "oh that hardly ever happens". We'll see, if I wake up feeling good and no bleeding. Truck is fueled and loaded if it feels safe. If anyone is going late let em know I really wanted to make it.

I apologize for not making it either but I tried. I got there at two and couldn't find any sign. I went out the probable road to where there was a gate but no sign of occupation. It was raining and the road was getting slippery and I realized no one would know where to look for me (got to get one of those SPOT thingies to give me confidence.) twice on the main road I hit a pothole that sprayed muddy water up over the windshield and had to wait for the wipers to clear it. Realized I wasn't having fun so I bailed and headed for the coast. I can't resist the sound of the waves being a mountain girl. Sorry I missed it. I would have loved to meet people. I hope it was great.

IMG_1155.jpg
Bseek said:
I apologize for not making it either but I tried. I got there at two and couldn't find any sign. I went out the probable road to where there was a gate but no sign of occupation. It was raining and the road was getting slippery and I realized no one would know where to look for me (got to get one of those SPOT thingies to give me confidence.) twice on the main road I hit a pothole that sprayed muddy water up over the windshield and had to wait for the wipers to clear it. Realized I wasn't having fun so I bailed and headed for the coast. I can't resist the sound of the waves being a mountain girl. Sorry I missed it. I would have loved to meet people. I hope it was great.
I wondered where you went. I waved at In and out burger, saw you again when I got gas at Maricopa. You were following a camper that drove into camp on Soda Lake Road. I passed both of you as I drove in on Soda Lake road. There was a sign on the road before Traver Ranch.

Did you have an frs radio with you? I got a call from one of late arrivers and gave instructions via radio. The main road was pretty slippery. The turnoff road was just before the Traver ranch, had a sign but the rain made it kind of hard to see. Next time.

Well I woke up feeling okay and despite the part of my brain telling me to stay home the adventurous side won out. I have one tired pup now. Poor Dillon and Domino tried their best to keep up.

Back
Top Bottom