Camping Rally at Meadow Lake October 10-12.

Thanks again, Ted, for your efforts on this. :)
Too bad about the response you're getting about access, especially since I know this isn't the first time you've tried.
But better you than me -- I'm no diplomat, especially when on the phone with customer-service folks. :rolleyes:

I'll be bringing my shorts, and my long johns. Plan for anything in CA in October. If we see a ranger maybe we can get them to unlock the johns for us. I'd be happy to supply a few rolls of toilet paper.

A p.s. for those still on the fence. Show up. Doesn't matter you didn't want to post an I"m coming note. Happy to see anyone that shows up on the spur or the moment. More than enough places to camp nearby.

Well the good new is they've lifted the fire restrictions for the Tahoe NF. I'll bring the chainsaw.

Is anyone showing up early? I have to leave about noon saturday so I would like to get there thursday or friday.

Hi Dick, I'll be there sometime Thursday and I think several other will be too. You won't be alone.

Sounding like y'all are going to get Cascades Weather, if you don't like it wait a minute.

We'd be there if we weren't going to be on the road somewhere coming back from Hole in the Rock Rd. I'm fond of mtb-ing the Pioneer Trail from Skillman to Halfway House and this would be a golden opportunity to get my wife to ride it for the first time.

I've got some connections and called in a couple of favors - there will not be rain.

And, yes, fire restrictions lifted. I was concerned about that because Marc cooks on a fire. We could have used the campground fire pit legally if we had to, but this gives us more options. Looks like the plan is coming together.

Anyone know if cell phone works in the camping area (T-Mobile).? I'm coming but wife can't make this trip (she got out of hospital yesterday - back operation).

Grant

I'll be monitoring 146.520 2M. CB 4. FRS 1. I'm thinking there may be cell coverage a bit south where you overlook the canyon (towards 80) but probably not in camp. Bring your cameras, I'm planning a tour of the cemetary and the old cabin if its still there. Maybe a trip to the open country where ski3pin likes to hike. Plenty of other lakes close by too if you want to try your hand at fishing.

There is no cell service at Meadow Lake, at least with Verizon. Once you are out of line of sight to Hwy 80, there isn't much signal. If you drive up to the Baltimore Lake trailhead, there can be signal up there, looking west towards Spaulding Reservoir. Be advised, it's one of the rougher roads we take our camper on, and there it's a leaner tree about halfway up that our rig barely fits beneath. Chainsaw anyone? ; )

Ntsqd: Pioneer Trail is an awesome ride and nice and tacky now. You should check out the new section that drops to Scott's Flat which starts at Five Mile House. Next time you want to ride it, let me know. I have done a lot of riding up here.

It just sounds better and better!

Anybody want to guesstimate a drive time from ATC in Sacto, to the event site? Or , Chico to the event site?
I'm seeing the crew at ATC on Friday the 10th (sans Marty :) ). With plans of visiting family in Chico after, staying through Monday..... I'm sniffing out a little caper with my bro in law for Saturday night...Curious about drive times...it would be basically a stop and flop for me, but would love to meet the crew!!

Cheers!
TT

mynxd, service very unlikely at the lake. Figure about a 40 minute drive to the highway from the lake with a camper. That may be what you have to do to get service.

Tomas, one of the original members and yet we have never met. It would be great if you could stop in! And Saturday would be a good day to do it. I would estimate 2 and 1/2 hours from ATC to the lake. From Chico you would likely drop down to Yuba City then go out HWY 20. That route would be about 3 hours. Hope you make it.

146.520 is the calling frequency for 2 meter ham. CB 4 is sometimes "four for four wheelers" though I've actually seen that much. FRS 1 is what you'd be on if you just turned a cheapie frs radio on and did nothing else. I fully expect a certain person to inquire as to why I don't have my general license yet. I better get studying.

I think I'll go swap out my summer bag for my winter bag just in case.

That sounds do-able!

I'm going to start to lightly tap the fringe buttons with wife, kids, and in law family in Chico.. Hopefully I will get a hall pass for the night..
Thanks for the comeback Ted .... I better start getting my Taco cart together!

TT

Back
Top Bottom