Carrizo Plain , California, join us if you like...

generubin

Electric Baja
Hello Everyone,

Join, Michael Rubin, Jenny Domash, Gene Rubin, Phil Salazar and more for a campout and bluegrass/django jam at Carrizo Plain National Monument. Bring your instruments!

Only 2 hours from Ventura and free! The weather should be awesome and maybe some of the famous wildflowers may be beginning to bloom. We are arriving there the evening of Thursday, March 7th, big jam is Friday night the 8th and then whomever wants to stay into the weekend can. Camping is free at KCL campground. Owls and coyotes singing through the night, lots of firewood, and pronghorn antelopes in the day.

If you're comin', let me know and I'll tell you the details.

Here's a video from our Carrizo trip of a couple of times past (weather will be warmer this time):

And! Anyone who wants to join us for our coming trip to the grey whales of Baja, we cross the border on March 29th:

Gene

Are your trips to Carrizo Plain and Baja annual events? Sounds mighty tempting to join in. My Wife has been retired for 5 years (Teacher) but I'm seriously crunching the numbers to see if I can bail this year. However, not sure if I can pull it off in the next month or so. May have to wait for next year. We love exploring the high desert of Oregon, the Great Basin and have been pushing into California more recently. Been to Mexico a few time, including Baja once, down to Cabo Pulmo, an hours drive north of Cabo on the inside. That was a flying trip, as we have never driven down.

TGK

This is a very cool offer of you Gene Rubin. No spot taken, though I do want to wander down to baja some day and getting tips from someone with such a wealth of knowledge about traveling in that area would be invaluable.

We did see some pretty spectacular humpbacks in Maui a few weeks ago though which was very cool. I hope you have an awesome trip and anybody on the fence about this should definitely go!

Safe travels and happy pickin fellas.'

Would love to play a bit of percussion with the pickers and fiddlers. ;)
You guys sound great and it's very cool to have live music around a campfire.

It's 630 miles travel to get there, so Carrizo Plain is not likely for us.

The Baja trip is verrrrry tempting, but again distance and time are our primary challenges, not the temptation of the mind and heart.

@TGK, we do lots of trips each year. Nothing on a regular schedule.

@BSS, Thanks for the comments.

@ANDY,You soooo should come on our Baja trip. You guys go to some amazing places but I guaranty you, this is one trip you will remember forever (plus great phono opportunities).

Hello Everyone,

Join, Michael Rubin, Jenny Domash, Gene Rubin, Phil Salazar and more for a campout and bluegrass/django jam at Carrizo Plain National Monument. Bring your instruments!

Only 2 hours from Ventura and free! The weather should be awesome and maybe some of the famous wildflowers may be beginning to bloom. We are arriving there the evening of Thursday, March 7th, big jam is Friday night the 8th and then whomever wants to stay into the weekend can. Camping is free at KCL campground. Owls and coyotes singing through the night, lots of firewood, and pronghorn antelopes in the day.

If you're comin', let me know and I'll tell you the details.

Here's a video from our Carrizo trip of a couple of times past (weather will be warmer this time):

And! Anyone who wants to join us for our coming trip to the grey whales of Baja, we cross the border on March 29th:

Gene

Will try to make it... but need directions from San Diego area.

Hello Becket,
It is easy to find as Carrizo Plain is a National Monument. You'll likely approach it off the 5 fwy at hwy 166. Past Maricopa you turn right on the little rough road called Soda Lake Road. KCL camp is only your left after the road turns to dirt. KCL is well marked. We will not arrive until around 7 pm on Thursday. Most of us are headed home on Saturday (we got other gigs).

Back
Top Bottom