Climbing Triglav in Winter

sectiag

Hi All,
I am looking to potentially do a guided climb of Triglav winter ascent in next winter via the easiest route & have a few questions. I would really appreciate any help / advice.
How technical is the easiest route to the summit in winter? I am comfortable with via ferrata & easy scrambling & have experience with snow climbing with crampons, but nothing technical.
Also, what is the best way to get to the mountain? I will be flying from London so what would the nearest airport be?

Thanks in advance :)

Your guides can probably answer that better than anyone.

I tried Triglav one fine June day, but since I was on an extended trip didn't have proper gear like ice axe and crampons. I got stopped by the first snowfield with bad runout. Oh, to have had that gear! There were some fun iron pegs and other aids in the rock to help get up some steep sections. Winter.... interesting.

It’s not overly technical, but you should be prepared for some icy sections and potential weather changes. As for getting there, the nearest airport is Ljubljana, which is about an hour and a half away by car. From there, you can catch a bus or drive to the trailhead.

Back
Top Bottom