Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Lowest price for gas on our recent travels was in Clifton, Colorado with unleaded regular at $2.38. Highest price we saw was right here at home.

Gas prices in Redding, CA are odd - huge variation. Between brands in different parts of town there's almost a dollar difference. And I saw one brand that varied by about 50 cents between stations (of the same brand) separated by a mile.
Naturally, prices are highest near I-5.

MarkBC said:
Gas prices in Redding, CA are odd - huge variation. Between brands in different parts of town there's almost a dollar difference. And I saw one brand that varied by about 50 cents between stations (of the same brand) separated by a mile.
Naturally, prices are highest near I-5.
I use the Gasbuddy App. Besides the obvious use to actually find a station in unfamiliar areas, it’s kinda interesting to see the variation in price for a given area. I must say though, the observations you mention are interesting.

I filled up the truck this early morning in Lee Vining, CA..................wanting to do my part to support the seasonal economy. The total was $64.45 and the gallon amount was 13.16. Can someone compute the price per gallon for me? I did not want to look at the pump, just could not bring myself to do it.

ski3pin said:
I filled up the truck this early morning in Lee Vining, CA..................wanting to do my part to support the seasonal economy. The total was $64.45 and the gallon amount was 13.16. Can someone compute the price per gallon for me? I did not want to look at the pump, just could not bring myself to do it.
Yep... in Lee Vining (and Bridgeport), if you have to ask what it costs you can't afford it. :D
But it's good that it's available at any price.

LuckyDan said:
I use the Gasbuddy App. Besides the obvious use to actually find a station in unfamiliar areas, it’s kinda interesting to see the variation in price for a given area. I must say though, the observations you mention are interesting.
Yep, GasBuddy is a handy app to have. :)

Good news Ski...it was under $5/gal!

Down here there is consistently a 40 cent/gal difference between our nearby Chevron and another down the road about 4 miles. Our local is, of course, the more expensive. Yup, we drive the extra miles. Following the per gal price is maddening but filling a 34 gal tank is more so. Watching that total sale go right by $100 sends shivers down my spine. ‍♂️

On 28 August I paid $2.999/gal at the north end of Klamath Falls (Oregon).
On 1 September -- 4 days later -- I paid $2.959/gal at the same place: 4¢/gal cheaper.

At this rate of price drop, 1¢/day, gas in KFalls will be $1.75/gal by New Years! :eek:
...talk about your 'auld lang syne'...
:p

This is good!

MarkBC said:
On 28 August I paid $2.999/gal at the north end of Klamath Falls (Oregon).
On 1 September -- 4 days later -- I paid $2.959/gal at the same place: 4¢/gal cheaper.

At this rate of price drop, 1¢/day, gas in KFalls will be $1.75/gal by New Years! :eek:
...talk about your 'auld lang syne'...
:p

$3.19 gal in Fair Oaks Ca Mobil. Nice when it took 34 gals to top off. We Californians get excited when it gets close to $3.00.

Here in South Carolina, west of Charleston - where I am this weekend, I've seen as low as $1.999/gal! :O Mostly $2.20, lots of places.

Almost giddy! We filled up the Lady's Crosstrek down the hill this morning for $3.03 gallon regular unleaded. Still $3.69 here at home.

Ronin said:
$3.19 gal in Fair Oaks Ca Mobil. Nice when it took 34 gals to top off. We Californians get excited when it gets close to $3.00.

We now live north of Charleston, SC along the ICW and Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge.

Regular is ~$1.97 and was $1.93 at COSTCO on Friday.

I expect gas prices to spike upwards quite a bit in the next few days with the Saudi's reducing output by 50%. Even though they are only reducing their output of refining sour to sweet crude.

ski3pin said:
Almost giddy! We filled up the Lady's Crosstrek down the hill this morning for $3.03 gallon regular unleaded. Still $3.69 here at home.
I hear ya - locally it's $3.65 - $3.79. The Mrs has a Chevy Volt and fills her 8 gallon tank once a month. 1/4 the price and 1/4 the time it takes to fill up.

Hang on the Overseas events are going to trickle down. The good news is North America has a ton of oil and new technologies to retrieve it.

Prices have jumped to $2.19 for regular since the attack on the Saudi oil fields.

Diesel was $2.65 and now $2.79 most places. Prices are much higher along the I-95 corridor.

Back
Top Bottom