Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
ski3pin said:
Yes, $4.09 yesterday, $4.19 today. Can hardly wait until tomorrow..................
And so, in a few days I'm headed where the tea is sweet, the reptiles are sassy and gas is about $2/gal cheaper. :cool:
;)

Just before the Pacific Graft and Extortion Co blackout (no offense to anyone working there) I topped off my Tundra and filled 3 jerry cans for my generator at $4.19 gal. Let's see 27 gals for the truck and 15 gallons for the generator = 42gals x $4.19 arrrrrghh!!!

ski3pin said:
Ahhh.............. there's always a bright side. You didn't pay $5.29 in Lee Vining and Bridgeport. :)
Boggles the mind (and wallet) that the same 42 gals of gas would cost a person $46 more in Bridgeport and in Virginia $80 less.

ski3pin said:
Ahhh.............. there's always a bright side. You didn't pay $5.29 in Lee Vining and Bridgeport. :)

MarkBC said:
Here in central Virginia, gas is about $2.29/gal.
So Mr. BC, if you paid for a 15 gallon fill up in Lee Vining it would have cost you an additional $45. No commentary, just showing off my basic math skills that I did in my head. :)

ski3pin said:
So Mr. BC, if you paid for a 15 gallon fill up in Lee Vining it would have cost you an additional $45. No commentary, just showing off my basic math skills that I did in my head. :)
Ski - You may have mixed up BCs post with my post about my recent 42 gallon purchase. Maybe I mixed things up!?

I believe we agree.................

Ronin said:
Ski - You may have mixed up BCs post with my post about my recent 42 gallon purchase. Maybe I mixed things up!?
For Mr. BC in Virginia 15 gallons @ $2.29 = $34.35

If Mr. BC had filled up in Lee Vining 15 gallons @ $5.29 = $79.35

$79.35 - $34.35 = $45.00

or quickly, the $3.00 difference x 15 = 45

Your math matches mine, I believe, but I'd have to fetch a calculator to confirm. :)

We had an unusual spread in gasoline prices on our fall trip:

mid-August Iowa and eastern South Dakota (two fills): $2.40/gallon
early-September Montana and Wyoming (several fills): $2.70/gallon (crossing both states)
mid-September eastern Washington along highway 20 (several fills): $2.95/gallon
early-October Oregon Cascades and coast (several fills): $3.30/gallon
mid-October Carson City NV (one fill): $3.60/gallon
mid October Bishop CA (one fill): $4.00/gallon
late October I-40 CA Mojave area (several fills): $5.00/gallon
late October I-40 AZ Kingman and points east (several fills): $2.70/gallon

3.39 up in Washington. Does anybody else notice that the first gas station at the end of the off ramp is 15 cents more per gallon than the others?

$3.25 Beatty, NV where the well advertised wind hit last night. Past 2 days it was about $3.70 Battle Mountain and Tonopah. Heading to DVNP tomorrow with full gas cans and maybe wont need to get gas there where it is much higher.

$3.00 at Hillsboro Oregon Costco Friday..
Our gas costs the same or more than California because it is refined in Cali. or Wash. However, selling price differences are determined by state and local taxes.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom