Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
I'm seeing $2.09/gal here in southern Mississippi, near I-10.
I think that's the lowest price I've seen in my 20-state, 6-week (so far) road trip.

Maybe I should drain the water from the camper's 20-gallon tank and fill it with cheap Mississippi gasoline!

$2.09 gal?? You're killing me!! Paid $3.45 for reg in Auburn yesterday. It was $4.19 in Grass Valley last month.

Do a calculation: How big of a tanker truck do you need to make it worthwhile to drive it to Mississippi, fill it up with $2.09/gal gasoline, and drive back to the West coast (preferably California, for the highest resale)?
;)

MarkBC said:
Do a calculation: How big of a tanker truck do you need to make it worthwhile to drive it to Mississippi, fill it up with $2.09/gal gasoline, and drive back to the West coast (preferably California, for the highest resale)?
;)
Would a rig like this do??!!

Attachments

• madmax.jpg
    madmax.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 41
ski3pin said:
Mr. BC, please let us know when to get our orders into you. :)
Mr 3pin, my camper water tank is about empty, so I could probably filler up with petrol now. What octane do you prefer?
:D

Don't forget to add Marine Stabil. 2 0z Stabil for each 20 gallons of gasoline for long term storage. 1 oz/20 gallons of gasoline if you expect to distribute your supply more quickly.
:oops:
Paul

In Bend, OR it's $2.95 at the cheapest vendor(s), but up to 30¢ more at expensive ones.

larryqp said:
You don't want to hear this, but 2.09 - 2.15 down here in the Houston, TX area. ...
I paid $2.059 in Beaumont, TX on Dec 1...and then in Houston, later that same day, THIS HAPPENED! :eek:

(yes, I know...there's no connection :p ... or is there..? :unsure: :oops: )

$3.25 at Texaco in Auburn yesterday - I still can't fill the tank without it stopping at $100.00!! But I'm not complaining, it was $4.19 last month.

Back
Top Bottom