Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
I paid $2.839 for regular today in Klamath Falls {Oregon), at the truck stop at the north end of town.

Not feeling so bad about California prices anymore, it’s $4.09 in Baja, thankful for my 38 gallon tank, only needed 1.5 fill ups down there.

Paid $2.85 at the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park and $2.49 at a walmart in Rexburg, Idaho.

Well after a few months anomaly here, gas is back to being higher priced than diesel. So all is right in my world again :)

Happy New Year folks !!!

Costco Fuel is our friend.

We always map out the Costco fuel stations for the long haul to our camping destinations.....

We even used a Costco fuel station in the UK....although not for the camper.

Happy New Canadian Year to you !

DavidGraves said:
Costco Fuel is our friend.

We always map out the Costco fuel stations for the long haul to our camping destinations.....

We even used a Costco fuel station in the UK....although not for the camper.

Happy New Canadian Year to you !
I’m of the opinion (based on conversations with a friend who is a Ford service mgr) that for vehicle maintenance/longevity, it’s better to go with name brand Fuel, rather than discount. In particular, he suggested Chevron because of the Techron additive. He recommended adding it to the tank if using other brands.

I sold an Expedition to a friend who then used the least expensive gas available. When he had the spark plugs changed, a couple broke because of carbon build up. The pieces were not recovered by the mechanic. My friend then drove it and ended up needing a new engine.

Two weeks of wandering the backcountry of southern Arizona, the $2.45 price per gallon of unleaded regular added to the enjoyment. It was more than double that price ($5.10) in Shoshone, CA.

ski3pin said:
now $2.99

Have I gone back in time in California? Gas is under three bucks a gallon and I got free bags at the grocery store. :)
‘But did you get any TP in the bag? ;-)

In NC I paid $2.34 for diesel today. Cheapest in...I don’t remember how long.

ski3pin said:
now $2.99

Have I gone back in time in California? Gas is under three bucks a gallon and I got free bags at the grocery store. :)
We dropped to $2.89 and then went down to $2.79 for two weeks. Last week it rose back up to $2.89. I mentioned to the Lady that was in response to the usual price rises getting ready for Memorial Day travel profits. I got the look.

Did pick up a package of 24 rolls of Scott tp for $7.00 at Safeway this morning. Oh, so soft. Can't wait to try it.

$2.49 at Shell station in Auburn. I only needed 13 gals to top off since my last fill up on March 6. I just needed to see what it felt like to pay under $3.00 gal.

Back
Top Bottom