Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
When I saw this headline my first thought was of millions of Californians saying, "Man, I hope so! :) "
IMG_20210228_215635.jpg

Yup! Diesel is 3.35 at the cheapest place. Not sure why prices have jumped up so much. Crude has only gone up a little.

I remember hearing to that some of the refineries go offline in the late winter/spring for maintenance which can give a bump in prices. Any price less than $3gallon is a great deal. I would bet prices would have to go to $4 or $5/gallon before we saw any drop on tourism in the the Greater Yellowstone area.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Several recent posts have been removed from the thread because of political opinions that are not germane to the original post and poll.
Thank You !!

We're at $3.65,but the jump was quick from $3.19
just the middle of Feb.
Oh well at least we have gas to fill our vehicles.

One interesting observation. A couple years ago oil hit an
all time high about $150 a barrel,gas went into the $4.50 range.
Now that oil is around $55 a barrel why is gas in the high $3 a gal?

I know there are a lot of factors but it's just interesting.
Frank

craig333 said:
Whats diesel go for there?
Craig, I didn't notice, but I'll look tomorrow when I fuel up.

One thing I've noticed in Texas: gas prices in a region are very uniform, generally not varying by more than a couple cents between brands and locations. In Bend you can cross the street and save 20 cents/gallon! And in Redding last summer I saw a range of 39 cents within the SAME BRAND separated by less than a mile. That seemed kinda crazy...but it was like that for weeks at least, not a mistake.

Craig, In Port Arthur, TX, this morning diesel is listed at $2.599 at a place where I paid $2.499 for regular.

Port Arthur, Texas, where I reported prices this morning, looks to be a source of gasoline. There are several petroleum refineries in and around the city, and I even drive through a couple of refineries to get to where I'm camped -- Sea Rim State Park. That is, the refineries straddle the road with pipe bridges running above the road connecting the two halves of the facility.
Fortunately, that industrial scene is left 15 miles behind, with the State Park down a dead end road... With a beach on the Gulf backed up by salt marsh stretching for miles. Looks wild.

Today I paid $2.599/gal for regular in a station next to Interstate 10 in Alabama, east of Mobile. Not too far east over the border in Florida I saw the same brand, also next to I-10, selling it for $2.959.

Back
Top Bottom