Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Paid $3.93 recently in Auburn Ca. Red diesel $2.99 gal in Grass Valley.

Here in Fargo, Georgia, on the Suwannee River in rural Clinch County, regular is $2.699/gal and diesel is $2.899 -- at the only station in town.

Regular is $2.55 to $2.65/gal, diesel about $2.79, here in Summerville, South Carolina -- inland from Charleston.

In CA I anticipate a day when you have to have a permit for fuel for your "vintage" (if its a combustion engine) vehicle and there will only be a handful of fueling stations.

craig333 said:
In CA I anticipate a day when you have to have a permit for fuel for your "vintage" (if its a combustion engine) vehicle and there will only be a handful of fueling stations.
Kinda sad but likely true. Here in Oregon, electric is well on its way to wherever it is it’s going. In Redmond there is public changing station even at the USFS’s Redmond Air Center. For the unaware it’s the Smoke Jumper and Air Tanker Base. Not the even the third place I’d think of to find one.

https://industry.traveloregon.com/opportunities/programs-initiatives/visitor-transportation-options/oregon-electric-byways/

It may be the way we have to go for the environment but I just hope the big push for electric vehicles doesn't happen too soon. My retirement plan didn't include buying an electric vehicle :(

As much as I think electric will become more normal it will be a while yet.
There are a lot of obstacles in the way.

It will most likely be a long phase in period.
It's not just the vehicles it's the whole infrastructure.
And the way things go for some of the elected people,I fear infrastructure
will need a huge push.

I guess my 1965 Mustang convert will be a "planter box" someday.

Frank

We filled up today for $3.05 a gallon regular unleaded. We were so giddy we brought home three extra gallons in the rotopax.

I think we're doing alright

Attachments

• IMG_3126.jpg
    IMG_3126.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3127.jpg
    IMG_3127.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 31
MarkBC said:
I just paid $2.509 for regular in Amarillo, Texas.
Diesel is $3.09.
Later in the same day, next to the same Interstate, same brand, I paid $2.839 for regular. In New Mexico.

my earliest was recollection was $.29/gal at "old Colony" gas... sometime in the later 60's (I think). But it was the 60's and who can say any recollection wasn't an hallucination!

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
In the late 50's as I started to drive I payed $.25 a gallon.
Yes even with inflation that's not a bad price @.20 per.
Frank

buckland said:
my earliest was recollection was $.29/gal at "old Colony" gas... sometime in the later 60's (I think). But it was the 60's and who can say any recollection wasn't an hallucination!

Mighty Dodge Ram said:
I used to pay as low as 22cents/gal with your choice of six LA Rams water glasses or a stuffed animal after six fill ups. GF at the time preferred the stuffed animal.
Don't forget they filled your tank, checked the oil, and washed the windshield for you! With that in mind, I'm going to start asking for my employee discount.

I once swore up and down I'd never pay more than a dollar a gallon. Silly me.

Looks like diesel has dropped ten cents a gallon here.

Back
Top Bottom