Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
That sounds like a deal with the new increase from California fuel tax! It hurts the pocket book when filling my 35 gallon fuel tank

fish more said:
That sounds like a deal with the new increase from California fuel tax! It hurts the pocket book when filling my 35 gallon fuel tank
Our two local stations added on the July 1st six cent tax increase a week early just so we could get use to it before the scheduled increase. Here at home it remains at $4.46. I was surprised gas at the small general store at Bear Valley was not higher in price.

I just paid $5.39 for regular at Fields, Oregon.
I could have made it to Burns (where it would be $1.50/gal less), but I want to subsidize the continued availability of gas out here in the boonies.

MarkBC said:
I just paid $5.39 for regular at Fields, Oregon.
I could have made it to Burns (where it would be at least $1/gal less), but I want to subsidize the continued availability of gas out here in the boonies.
But did you get a milkshake? :)

ski3pin said:
But did you get a milkshake? :)
No, I did not get a milkshake. I'm trying to be 'good', dietetically...and as good as the milkshake would taste it wouldn't be 'good' for me to consume. Maybe if I rode my bicycle from Bend to Fields...

$4.15/gal at Topaz Lodge yesterday, $4.05 if you paid cash and they have been out of anything but premium twice now this summer.

I think the increase in gas prices has put a big wet cloth over the traveling public. I expect to see thousands of those big RVs and trailers (which were sold out last year) with For Sale signs on them before too long.

But the increase in the cost of gas increases the cost of everything. If us stoopid hoomans could learn anything from anything this *could* encourage re-localization of food and other needs but I won't hold my breath.

(as I sit here evaluating my garden and pantry since a grocery run would be at least 100 miles round trip right now)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Is that the gas that has gold dust mixed in?
Frank
Nah - B-port raised it's gas prices over $5 more than 10 years ago and kept 'em there. Lee Vining isn't any better.

We seem to fair better here on the coast.
Even in our high priced area.
Costco gas yesterday 3.99,other stations 4.20.

Gotta have it so what do you do.
Make fewer non essential drives.

Conserve where you can.Also better for the environment.

Frank

Costco here was $2.65 a few days ago. We saw as high as $4.00 on our recent jaunt to Utah, Colorado and Wyoming.

Back
Top Bottom