Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
A lot depends on how fast you drive too Ted. And those 6.0L chevy's are thirsty. My 8.1L chev got 10 mpg, regardless of how I drove it. Empty, full, fast/slow.... always 10 mpg.

Mighty Dodge Ram said:
$4.379 yesterday at my favorite Chevron. I’m driving the MoHo north to Carmichael tomorrow for my cousin’s 65th and I've been checking Pilot/Flying J prices along the 99/I-5 corridor. At best I get 8mpg so it definitely matters.
I assume that "MoHo" means 'motorhome' ... And THAT is what gets 8mpg. No?

Mighty Dodge Ram said:
$4.379 yesterday at my favorite Chevron. I’m driving the MoHo north to Carmichael tomorrow for my cousin’s 65th and I've been checking Pilot/Flying J prices along the 99/I-5 corridor. At best I get 8mpg so it definitely matters.
Mobil at Hazel and Madison in Fair Oaks is $4.19 gal cash or credit. Just filled up on the way back home. Saving $.40 gal on 30 + gallons is lunch $money.

Yes, MoHo is our 32’ Fleetwood with the Ford V-10. And that’s 8mpg with no wind on flat ground running <65mph. And yup, my Chevy 6.0 gets 11.5mpg around town but up to 15mpg on the open road under perfect conditions. Good call on the gas station in Fair Oaks, thanks for the tip!

I paid $3.899/gal for regular in Burns, Oregon, today and I paid the same in McDermott, Nevada, tonight.

$3.19 parker az oct 21 while exploring az back country.
Did the bill williams route to river, never saw another rig for 2 days!
Good times.
Les,lqhikers

Per gallon of regular gas I paid today:
  • $3.809 in Carlin, Nevada
  • $3.999 in Wendover, Utah
  • $3.599 in Evanston, Wyoming
I get lots of opportunities to sample gas prices when driving my F250 with 6.8L V10 and pulling my travel trailer... :rolleyes:

Don’t remember where I heard it, but a Rolls Royce owner was asked how much gas his Rolls burned. He just replied, “Every drop I put in it.”

I always figured Rolls owners didn’t have anything on us pickup owners. :p

Paul

Yesterday and today, I paid per gallon of regular gas:
  • $3.549 in Rawlins, WY
  • $3.299 in Pine Bluffs, WY
  • $3.349 in North Platte, NE
  • $3.099 in Henderson, NE
  • $2.979 in St Joseph, MO

MarkBC said:
Yesterday and today, I paid per gallon of regular gas:

• $3.549 in Rawlins, WY
  • $3.299 in Pine Bluffs, WY
  • $3.349 in North Platte, NE
  • $3.099 in Henderson, NE
  • $2.979 in St Joseph, MO
This is as if Horace Greeley had changed his mind and said, "Go east young man, go east."

MarkBC said:
Did you move to Bridgeport or Lee Vining, Mr 3pin?? :eek:
Good one, Mr. BC! Add in Furnace Creek and Shoshone, CA and these are the only 4 places I know with more expensive gas than here. Bridgeport usually runs $0.90 more than here so, a guess, gas is $5.76 in Bridgeport. :)

ski3pin said:
Good one, Mr. BC! Add in Furnace Creek and Shoshone, CA and these are the only 4 places I know with more expensive gas than here. Bridgeport usually runs $0.90 more than here so, a guess, gas is $5.76 in Bridgeport. :)
Add to that list Cambria.It has always had gas higher then most other places in Ca.
Last week it was 5.70+.

Ouch way too high. When we go down there I always make sure to start out with a full tank.
That will get us there and home.
Frank
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Add to that list Cambria.It has always had gas higher then most other places in Ca.
Last week it was 5.70+.

Ouch way too high. When we go down there I always make sure to start out with a full tank.
That will get us there and home.
Frank
Frank
Is there a gas station in Lucia? I thought I remembered seeing the highest price gas ever there back in 2002.

There's one in Gorda/Ragged Point then Cambria.
I think since the Inn at Lucia has been destroyed in
a fire the gas station is closed.

In all these years of going to that area , I don't see why the gas is so much
higher in price then say Big Sur. Cambria isn't that far from Morro Bay or SLO.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom