Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Best price for diesel in Sac is 4.99 I'm not looking forward to seeing just how high it can go.

Gas at the Shell station in Lee Vining, CA yesterday was $6.39 and gas in Bridgeport................... drum roll please ................. was CHEAPER at $6.09! We have never ever seen that before. :)

My 3.2 mile round trip commute is looking pretty fine, as it has for the last 22 years. Wonder how much I've saved in real-world commuting costs, including wearing out vehicles?

Hopefully this all improves soon, for everybody involved.

Foy

I paid $3.899/gal today for regular here in Saint Bernard, Louisiana (greater New Orleans).

MarkBC said:
I paid $3.899/gal today for regular here in Saint Bernard, Louisiana (greater New Orleans).
craig333 said:
I expect to be paying $6 soon.
ski3pin said:
fuzzymarindave said:
Looks like I need to budget $700 for our trip to Death Valley next week....
I wonder if I'll be able to afford to return to the West Coast...? Maybe if I fill my RV's freshwater and holding tanks with [relatively] cheap Southern fuel.

Diesel in Pinehurst NC was $4.999 yesterday.
It looks like we’re giving you West Coast guys a run for your money (literally!).

$4.629/gal at Simi Valley Costco on Sunday. Very long line out into the street reminded me of the embargo days of ‘73/‘74. Even if I assumed the annual executive membership fee were only used for fuel in the truck (an extra $.125/gal based on 12,000 miles/yr and 12.5 mpg ) it’s still FAR BELOW the traditional stations in our area. $5.999/gal down the street.

Costco $3.739 right now (Columbia, SC) - filled up there this morning at IIRC $3.699 $3.999 at stations near me.

Terrible timing for me- we bought land in the NC mountains back in the summer and I haven't gone up enough to get significant work done on the driveway, which needs some light rework and a whole bunch of crushed rock hauled in.
Had planned to hit it hard this spring but at a 450ish mile round trip that is gonna be expensive.
Hauling my Kubota up hits the fuel mileage pretty hard and even worse if I go to the quarry- a 50 mile round trip- and pick up 5 tons in my dump trailer I'm lucky to get 5-6MPG hauling that back to the land. But I only need 100 loads or so.... :oops:

SkyP said:
<snip>
Hauling my Kubota up hits the fuel mileage pretty hard and even worse if I go to the quarry- a 50 mile round trip- and pick up 5 tons in my dump trailer I'm lucky to get 5-6MPG hauling that back to the land. But I only need 100 loads or so.... :oops:
....now that qualifies as an honest to god project! :)

According to the various signs at fuel stations in Raleigh, NC, the contents of my old truck's 38 gallon diesel fuel tank are worth just over $200. When I filled it up in January it only cost me $65 in new fuel and I put that on top of some that didn't cost > $55. Reckon I'll just leave her parked for a few years, enjoy the tax deferred appreciation, then start selling off a few gallons a year for retirement income....................

And they say I'm no financial planner........

Are we going to have to buy locking gas caps…again? We used them back in ‘73-‘74 during the embargo and odd/even days. Our fuel tanks are definitely holding refined “black gold, Texas Tea”.

Back
Top Bottom