Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
I can get diesel at my nearby Fastrip (yes they actually named it that) for 3.35 a gallon. Some stations are still trying to charge 3.99 a gallon. I can't imagine they do much volume at that price.

Really seems like a great time to take a long road trip -- the best gas prices in years! :)

Today I saw $2.539 at an Arco in Sandy, OR (east of Portland).
In Oregon, Arco is usually the cheapest of the "name brands"...though usually/sometimes they make you go inside to pay (remember: no self-serve in Oregon), and if you pay with a card they usually/sometimes add $0.35 to the total.

I'm tentatively planning a cross-country/round-the-country road trip next fall, so I REALLY hope ga$ prices continue to drop! :)

Reg Gas - $2.29 at the Hillsboro Costco. $2.39 at Fred Meyer's in Newberg. I've seen Diesel from $2.59 to $2.89. I've seen news reports of $1.99 in the midwest. Sure helps the pocket book although I'm not sure what this means globally.

Riverrunner said:
Reg Gas - $2.29 at the Hillsboro Costco. $2.39 at Fred Meyer's in Newberg. I've seen Diesel from $2.59 to $2.89. I've seen news reports of $1.99 in the midwest. Sure helps the pocket book although I'm not sure what this means globally.
That does it, we're heading north for the holidays!

Ted said:
That does it, we're heading north for the holidays!
Come on up, Ted!
And no sales tax in Oregon, so a good place to buy things -- spend money! ;)
And this coming July pot will be legal, and assisted suicide has been legal for years...and yet, we can't pump our own gas. :oops:

Allowed to check out anytime, but can never leave.
Allowed to self medicate to deaden consciousness
Cannot do something that 48 other states think their citizens are responsible enough & competent enough to handle.
Must be that vibrant multi party rule all these decades ;)

Paul

BACK ON TOPIC: Seriously, though... I may convince myself that I can afford another trip to southern Utah this spring -- two years in a row. :) (since the cost of gas is -- by far -- the biggest expense in camping travel, for me, anyway).

The only thing is...according to the Historical Gas Price chart function at GasBuddy (this is for Salt Lake City, but other cities yield similar trends), gas prices usually hit a minimum this time of year, so if 2015 is like the past 4 years prices won't be dropping, dropping, dropping as the year rolls on, except relative to previous years, maybe.

ch.gaschart

Sure does look repetitive. Better to take advantage of winter prices. Maybe it's time to go somewhere warmer than northern Oregon. We're thinking about a trip to Death Valley area sometime in late February early March unless I hear that that is not a good time.

Paul

PaulT said:
Sure does look repetitive. Better to take advantage of winter prices. Maybe it's time to go somewhere warmer than northern Oregon. We're thinking about a trip to Death Valley area sometime in late February early March unless I hear that that is not a good time.

Paul
Paul, that's a perfect time for DVNP. We've done those dates for the past 5 years.

Gas in Canby, $2.49. Diesel, $2.99.

MarkBC said:
Come on up, Ted!
And no sales tax in Oregon, so a good place to buy things -- spend money! ;)
And this coming July pot will be legal, and assisted suicide has been legal for years...and yet, we can't pump our own gas. :oops:
Mark, it just breaks my heart to have to sit in my truck, watching the rain, as the station attendant fills the tank. ;)

Back
Top Bottom