Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
I pumped my own fuel in Oregon. Even got thanked for it. Of course that was in Fields and they were busy making sandwiches.

Looks like I'll have two weeks of work in a row. Might just tempt me to at least do an overnighter.

MarkBC said:
Come on up, Ted!
And no sales tax in Oregon, so a good place to buy things -- spend money! ;)
And this coming July pot will be legal, and assisted suicide has been legal for years...and yet, we can't pump our own gas. :oops:
Yeah I don't get the can't pump our own gas thing either. I fixed that with a Pacific Pride card. No lines, no waiting, and have never gotten wet. ;)

SunMan said:
For the first time ever I think, I left Mexico without filling up first. Gas much cheaper at home!
Wow...I guess I assumed that prices were dropping everywhere. But no...

Well, the title of this thread is appropriate again -- in Oregon gas prices are UP at least $0.40/gal in the past few weeks. :cautious:

Well we enjoyed it while it lasted,until the next one.
It's always strange to me,the price of gas when oil drops goes down slow. But when oil is on it's slow rise gas just shoots straight up.
It's one reason after another from the oil people.
There is still a huge glut of oil on the global market. Not sure what a barrel go for these days.
Oh well what can we do.Protest the cost of gas by not buying it.
We gotta have it.

Frank

i keep forgetting to look when i fill up,but did not the fed or state tax just increase?

might be part of the quick raise.

have a hard time keeping up with all increases's!

Les,lqhikers

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Well we enjoyed it while it lasted,until the next one.
It's always strange to me,the price of gas when oil drops goes down slow. But when oil is on it's slow rise gas just shoots straight up.
It's one reason after another from the oil people.
There is still a huge glut of oil on the global market. Not sure what a barrel go for these days.
Oh well what can we do.Protest the cost of gas by not buying it.
We gotta have it.

Frank
OPEC is keeping production up to keep prices down to make drilling for the more expensive oil in the U.S. less attractive especially for the smaller drillers. However, I'm a firm believer there's price fixing in the U.S. by our oil companies that only have the public's best interest at heart.

There is usually a spike when refineries switch from few winter blends to many summer blends. Combine that with a refinery fire in California reducing capacity and even with larger crude inventory, gasoline inventory drops. Less supplies means higher prices, especially in Oregon which can't bring itself to build a refinery and thus gets gas after California gets its supply.

Besides, as Portland has shown us with light rail, streetcars, buses, and bicycles, no one needs a car in Oregon anyway, let alone a pickup with a camper.

Just as Frank just said, "We gotta have it.". Whatcha gonna do? Call Gas Busters? Take your trips now. Prices really rise starting about Memorial day.

Anybody recommend a good brand of Pop Up bicycle campers?

Paul :)

$3.21. Up a buck from my lowest fill up in the last month. I knew it wouldn't last but jeeze, a BUCK in 30 days? A bunch of horsefeathers I say.

2.89 for diesel today. The normally cheapest spot across the street had it for 3.09. Propel is introducing a new fuel "diesel hpr" whatever the heck that is. May be an introductory price or they just forgot to see what its selling for across the street. They claim hpr is a high performance biomass fuel containing no biodiesel. I'll admit to being unclear on that.

Back
Top Bottom