Custom winter insulation that works great

patrickkidd

Here is a custom insulation job I did that I've been using all winter down to 0F. I used WarmWindow from Joann Fabrics plus blackout fabric, snapped to frame behind walls or velcro to sideliner. Hired a seamstress to do the sewing with extra large sewing machine. Did the snaps myself using the very helpful foot-operated snap press tool at the fabric store.

With the Camco Olympian Wave 6, this setup is very tight and warm.

IMG_0272.jpgIMG_0273.jpgIMG_0274.jpgIMG_0276.jpgIMG_0277.jpg

Excellent! Can you close the top with it attached? I imagine there's still moisture, can't do much about that. Looks very nice and tight!

The top is designed not to allow any additional material in the fold when it collapses, so I can’t collapse the roof eith it attached. However, it’s just a matter of pulling off the 2” Velcro at the top of the sideliner, which is very easy and very easy to reattach.

Beauty !

I remember you mentioning this material on the other thread. Good on yah for going for it. Looks like it came out really well.

Two questions: does the outside fabric layer absorb moisture, or do you think it could get damp to the touch ?
And have you any further thoughts to making a panel to cover the end wall,s over the push up boards ?

Thanks,

I used blackout fabric sewed onto the outside of the warm window fabric. It is very synthetic and I am not worried about it or the WarmWindow and moisture. It does help a little with the moisture as well. One nice feature is that it keeps a dry layer between you and the wall.

I haven’t needed any other insulation on the folding panels. I think if you were going really hard core in northern Canada or Alaska you might need more, at least with the 9000 BTUs that the Wave 6 puts out . One thing I would change is making the side panel insulation longer so it would fit all the way behind the folding panels. That would be plenty, and the folding panels themselves trap cold air just fine.

Back
Top Bottom