f-350 winch bumper

kpredator

hello
recently bought a f-350 . i usually keep our rig pretty much stock.
but am thinking of a winch bumper,brush guard.
have been looking at ARB and Buckstop.is there anything else some one would recommend .
thanks in advance
kevin

Am in the same boat, the shop that works on my truck sell ARB and Buckstop. Recomends the buckstop, says the ARB is heavy and doesn't fit the superduty as well, by that he feels the lines are better with the Buckstop.

I had an ARB on my Dodge. Yes, it was heavy along with holding a Warn 15k winch. Installed easily and it was air bag compliant; I liked it. My in-laws live in Prineville OR so I have stopped by to speak with the Buckstop folks on several occasions. They also manufacture another line, I believe it’s Trail Ready but don’t quote me on that. I came away under the impression that the Buckstops actually weighed more than the ARBs but since I don’t actually own one I can’t speak with any assuredness to that. Additionally, Warn manufactures a winch bumper for your Ford depending on the model year along with their Transformer system.

I am contemplating how to mount the Warn onto my Chevy. Here are my decision points: 1) overall weight of the bumper AND winch. Several hundred pounds of steel cantilevered away from the front of the vehicle definitely affects steering/suspension. 2) ease of installation. Will the bumper use existing mounting points or do you have to drill holes in the frame horns? My Dodge ARB required a fair amount of drilling in both the bumper and frame. 3) air bag compliance. Not only in terms of safety but also liability in case of collision.

I’m looking forward to hearing more about your research as I expect it will help inform mine.

I would love a winch bumper for my F350. What's stopping me is the issue with airbags, the weight, and the high cost. For now, I'm resisting the urge. However, this thread is not going to be helpful in terms of self control. Please, no one post pictures! :D

Buckstop has an aluminum line. Pricey but lighter and much easier on the frontend components

The Buckstop "outback" model is available in aluminum, was told by dealer it would shave 90 is pounds off.

I have the Warn Hidden winch bumper on my F250 I like the warm fuzzy of having a winch but still keep the stock look.

Attachments

• frontinstalled.jpg
    frontinstalled.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 110
  • sideinstalled.jpg
    sideinstalled.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 137
What about a front receiver and removable winch? Stock front bumper = shouldn't affect air bags, cantilevered weight not there when winch not needed, approach angle not affected, lower cost, could be set up to use in the rear also . . .

Now all you have to do is find a place to store it.

jim

Another option is the Warn Trans4mer system which I have . It's basically a really beefy pushbar/grill guard that also holds a winch (and off-road lights). It's a cheaper option than getting a new bumper. I'm not sure if they make this for all model years-my truck is an '05.

Not sure if it helps, but we have the new ARB bumper on our Chevy HD and are very happy. It is stout, air bag compliant and winch/accessories mount cleanly. Weight is a consideration, but most HD trucks can handle heavy snow plows, even without a plow package. Might be worthwhile to check your plow weight rating, and just staying way under this, using it as a guide...

Back
Top Bottom