Help... no water

XJINTX

I'm on first night of 3 week run. I just turned on pump for fresh water
It keeps running but not building pressue i gueess. 2015 Hawk... never had problem before. Redmondroger@att.net if you may be able to help

Sometimes just opening and closing the faucet several times will clear the problem, or as Ron mentioned... Suck on the faucet.

You could use the tank drain if nothing works.

If your faucet also has the hand pump give it a couple of pumps, that always gets mine going when the pump doesn't produce on its own.

Thanks Stan... you are west coast so ill wait until 10 am ish. Hope it can be resolved realatively easy :(

Did you get this resolved? Sounds like maybe the drain valve on the hot water tank is open and just recirculating water back into the main storage tank. If the system won't pressurize the pump will just keep running. Ask me how I know.

WeeJeep2 said:
Did you get this resolved? Sounds like maybe the drain valve on the hot water tank is open and just recirculating water back into the main storage tank. If the system won't pressurize the pump will just keep running. Ask me how I know.
I bet the same way I know. I was going to make the same suggestion.

I am having similar problems with my 2014 Hawk. In November I flushed my system for winter ski season to avoid freezing. Last week I filled the water tank, opened the faucet and started the pump. Pump ran continuously but no water at faucet.

I then gently pressurized the supply side of the line. I got water at mild pressure to the input side of the pump. Reconnected the line to the pump, but still not working.

FWIW, I pulled out several pieces of white plastic from the filter. They appeared to be remnants of drilling holes in water tank.

Today I plan to rig something to suck water through the faucet.

Thanks to Stan for supplying a troubleshooting guide promptly after an email request, and for providing a link re disassembling the pump to inspect for problems.

I have concluded that the pressure valve mechanism jammed and cracked, likely due to freeze damage (notwithstanding my efforts to drain and purge system). My bad. My risk. It appears that the damage could have resulted from freezing of a very small amount of water (i.e., a drop or two). We often use the camper for skiing and it got exposed to sub-zero F temperatures several times this winter. Next winter I will likely remove the pump before winter.

I called the pump manufacturer (Shurflo) and got the info re the replacement part, which I found on Amazon (Prime) for $21. ETA: Fix was successful and not difficult.

The pump in my Hawk/front dinette is screwed onto an inside cabinet wall, a PITA to access. I mounted it via screws from the outside, now much easier to remove and install.

Thanks Stan. I emailed you last night after taking my pump apart to understand how it works. I found a few info sheets on the Shurflo site that helped me diagnose my problem, they're linked below.

I had power to the pump but couldn't get the faucet to spit out any water even after attempting to siphon via the faucet. I pulled the head off the motor and took it to the bench to open it up and found the solenoid/switch on top was working when I pressed on it, there was an audible click and mechanical movement that assured me that it worked.

Next, I pulled the lower part of the head off and there were no tears or damages to the diaphragms that I could see. I was perplexed but I pushed on the black "button" that moves the spring up and down; it was frozen. So, I gently pressed on it from a few angles and it released.

I assembled everything and it worked, I didn't even prime it.

Hope this helps the next person.

I have the 4009 model but the 4008 seems to be very similar

http://shurflo.com/images/files/pdf/troubleshooting-guide/SF_PumpTroubleShoot.pdf
http://shurflo.com/images/files/RV_Product_Manuals/Fresh-Water-Pumps/911-1008.pdf
http://shurflo.com/images/files/RV_Product_Data_Sheets/Fresh_Water_Pumps/pds-4008-101-X65.pdf

SLOWag I wish I'd seen your post sooner ;) Sorry for late post but just returned from my trip last night. I was actually lucky and made contact with an RV repairman that comes to you. He met me 2 hours down the road halfway for us both. He said that I probably had a tear in the diaphragm. He said the head could be replaced but he did not carry them. Luckily he had a new pump in stock. Replaced and all was fine. Sure I paid more because of the service and need ;) but I was able to spend a worry free week in Death Valley and another 10 days visiting parks all over CA and on way back to TX. I kept the old pump so I will try and troubleshoot after getting situated. Maybe I'll have a spare ;)

Many thanks to Slo and Stan for these sources to trouble shoot and correctly use our FWC water systems!

Phil

Back
Top Bottom