Here we go SPRING,enjoy

From this view, everything looks fine!

Satellie_20200519-1.jpg

:)

ski3pin said:
12 days 'til summer. Hard to imagine, isn't it?
I suspect you don’t want to hear that I’ve been snowed on every month of the year here in Oregon, and September is the only month that I haven’t snow skied in the state.

BTW, what is summer?

Wandering Sagebrush said:
BTW, what is summer?
We usually have it in central and eastern Oregon...it's nice. :)

I'll use this opportunity to again mention the year, 1980 maybe, when it snowed in Bend on the 4th of July.
:eek: :oops:

MarkBC said:
We usually have it in central and eastern Oregon...it's nice. :)

I'll use this opportunity to again mention the year, 1980 maybe, when it snowed in Bend on the 4th of July.
:eek: :oops:
.................and I'll mention that it has snowed in Desolation Wilderness on Labor Day Weekend. In 2011 we called this month Mayuary here.

Decent amounts of rain from this last storm but it all bypassed me. In spite of what the maps showed I didn't hear so much as a peep of thunder.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I suspect you don’t want to hear that I’ve been snowed on every month of the year here in Oregon, and September is the only month that I haven’t snow skied in the state.

BTW, what is summer?
As a member of a rather, ahh, interesting group of skiers known as Team Tie Dye I skied at least once a month for four years. One member was forced to abandon his streak just shy of 25 years when he broke both legs. September was usually the most difficult month to find someplace to link a couple of turns.

I have been snowed on every month of the year at least once. I've lost much of my garden the second week of June here at 5,500 ft. July and August snow is not uncommon when I am camped around 10,000 ft in elevation. It snowed here yesterday.

Spring heck. Multiple days of 105 temp forecast. I need to see just how much altitude I can get.

P.S. Preaching to the choir here

teledork said:
As a member of a rather, ahh, interesting group of skiers known as Team Tie Dye I skied at least once a month for four years. One member was forced to abandon his streak just shy of 25 years when he broke both legs. September was usually the most difficult month to find someplace to link a couple of turns.

I have been snowed on every month of the year at least once. I've lost much of my garden the second week of June here at 5,500 ft. July and August snow is not uncommon when I am camped around 10,000 ft in elevation. It snowed here yesterday.
Team Tie Dye reminded me of our group. While skiing Shasta near Avalanche Gulch, a group of randonee skiers took exception to where the group was skiing, calling out the dangers as they perceived them. Our folks replied that we had done an avalanche fracture/stability test, and were confident there was low risk. The randonee folks had to make one last comment, calling us

F...... Idiot Telemark Skiers

Thus, the FITS group and logo was born.

6C2933BA-2213-4282-BB98-5429981FDF74.jpeg

C8D1EDA7-9B41-4744-A954-23CDDBA148AD.jpeg

Ran the natural gas furnace at home in Raleigh, NC and the beach house on Chesapeake Bay in Virginia last week, with highs in the high 50s and lows in the 40s, damp, and overcast. Ran the heat at the beach house on Sat morning and bumped the A/C on for a bit that afternoon once it got to be 82, sunny, and very humid. Probably done with the furnaces for a while but the A/C is on today in Raleigh to welcome our second tropical depression of the year and its rain, equatorial heat, and humidity. May in central North Carolina brings a taste of everything.

Foy

Today is the first time this year that I've closed the windows of my house in the morning instead of opening them.

Back
Top Bottom