Here we go SPRING,enjoy

Hi JaSan, we are in Hermantown and agree with you. We kick off the snowshoes and have a great time. Where are you located?
Bigfoot Dave

A post on Facebook this afternoon:

DesCo_Weather_20200528.jpg

My "plan" for the severe weather: Observe and enjoy it! :)

Good plan, Mr. BC! After a couple of days of hot weather - 82 degrees, we now have cold and rain. Of course, I just got all the drip systems operating. :)

PPP!!!

IMG_20200530_093223.jpg
The photo above is my computer desk, which is next to a slider that I left open overnight for fresh air.

'Tis the season for Ponderosa pine trees to spew their stuff... but this year there seems to be more of the yellow stuff than I recall as usual. Other Bendites have commented the same.
Friday I went for a walk in town in an area with a lot of P pines (former forest before houses, but still a lot of trees), and a haze in the air almost looked like there was a fire in the area...but there wasn't a fire -- it was Ponderosa Pine Pollen blowing in the wind.

IMG_20200531_163200.jpg IMG_20200531_163250.jpg IMG_20200531_163433.jpg

I wonder if other areas in the West with Ponderosas have similar above-average spewings this spring? :sneaky:

...And a local blog described the nature scene (both pollen and thunderstorms) around Central Oregon the past few days much better, more poetically, than I could:

Pollen Storm

Looks like home, Mr. BC! It started early and it continues. It is a banner year. Julie has been vacuuming everyday. No way to keep up. The asphalt driveway is yellow. I just emptied rain water off the deck awning. It was a yellow syrup. Julie is out cleaning the cushions on our deck chairs. You cannot touch anything without getting yellow hands, there is no escape. White fir pollen begins in early May. It is grainy compared to the fine powder of Ponderosa. Then Ponderosa takes over....................... :)

It was that way here in Hillsboro 2 to 3 weeks ago with Doug fir pollen. Every horizontal surface crevice or corner of truck & camper was packed with pollen. Of course, each sneeze or cough, itchy eye, etc. meant wondering if it was pollen allergy or that other respiratory attacking miniature agent going around. :(

Paul

In Central (and Eastern) Oregon the other pollen wave is from the Western Juniper, which comes earlier in the spring.
I'm not actually allergic to it, but when it's BAD the presence of thousands (millions?) of spiky balls in my eyes can be irritating - even without a systemic reaction.

Back
Top Bottom