How to Pass the Time

I feel your pain for sure. I am 6 weeks into my order that is still 6 weeks away on my new Grandby.

I have been trying to figure out how to modify my new one since that was my big hobby the first time around on my Hawk.

It's never too early to start thinking about how to make a new camper even better!!!

There is going to be a pretty amazing Hawk Camper with tons of solar, trimetric, compressor fridge, too many fridge fans and all of my other crazy ideas hit the market soon.

Ace, start reading blogs. Ski3pin, Bosque Bill, Randy Langstrat (on Flickr and a blog) and others. Jim Boone, PhD has a great website for hikes and travel in southern Nevada.

To paraphrase Albert Bigelow Paine, 'Make your plans when it's cold outside, and the notrth winds they do blow. For half the joy of the trip my boy, is getting your traps to go...'.

I'm in the same boat here, Ace! Install date of October 20th with Denny Saunders up in Jackson, WY. The aluminum flat bed and boxes are being fabricated and installed this week and next.

You can spend your time (and money) buying all the stuff you'll need for your new camper. Solar panels, generators, gas cans, storage containers, collapsible pots & pans, knives & flatware, paper plates & cups, flashlights, batteries, 12v vacuum cleaner, 12v extension cords, 12v laptop charger, 12v reading lamp, 12v fan, Mr. Kleen, dishwashing liquid, wag bags, heavy duty bottle jack, butane lighters... the list never ends. There is not enough time to acquire all the stuff you will want/need for your new camper before it arrives. I even carry one of those butane powered clothing irons and an ironing board. Of course once it arrives then the mods begin...

Whats an ironing board?

I passed the time by sleeping in the back of my truck freezing. Made me really appreciate the camper.

rotti said:
What?
I think there is a WTW rule against that !
How else am I supposed to press my Spider-Man pattern Hawaiian shirt when I'm boondocking?

The time will pass.
Use the time to do one more tent / truck based trip.
Like Craig says, you will appreciate your FWC all the more!

Me too!
Placed my order for my new Fleet on Sept 8th!

Geez, sure feels longer than just over a week since I placed the order....

:)

Plan your trips? Find where the great spots are to use it? definitely find some good step stool for entry into your new camper! I brought a 3 step alum ladder I had with me on pickup/install and used it for 2 trips. After nearly killing myself one day exiting the camper, I opted for a solid platform for camper entry/exit. It's a little heavy/bulky, but rock solid.

Jollyrogers said:
Plan your trips? Find where the great spots are to use it? definitely find some good step stool for entry into your new camper! I brought a 3 step alum ladder I had with me on pickup/install and used it for 2 trips. After nearly killing myself one day exiting the camper, I opted for a solid platform for camper entry/exit. It's a little heavy/bulky, but rock solid.
I've got a road map of the U.S. and have been putting stickers on where I want to go. Color coded, even!
Pink is for where friends live, Blue is sight-seeing locations.

11825203_10206433544631759_1106268669424983630_n.jpg

11062738_10206433782677710_5145020934732453413_n.jpg

Just heard my Grandby will be done in mid October. A few weeks faster than I thought. That's great news to get on a Friday!

I bought mine through FWC in Jackson Hole. Denny has been great to work with. He even takes trades on your older FWC. This made my life much easier and saved me from paying as much sales tax on the new one.

I would definitely recommend using Denny if you are in his region.

One could get the impression that quite a few WTW members have faced the same anticipation issues. Of course, I would likely be mistaken. :)

Paul

Got notice today that my due date is Nov 6th!!!!
Then it has to get to me and installed!

Seven and a half long weeks! :D

Back
Top Bottom