Low Cost Mods

Great idea Andy...many of the mods I have done were poached from others ideas, a thread like this should be helpful to new owners. Desert Rancher, I recently replaced my old Corona opener with a newer stainless steel model...

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 610
Combination step stool/tequila holder...footman's loops & heavy duty rubber bungee (idea from Dsrtrat I think)...

Attachments

• photo11.JPG
    photo11.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 918
Ice box for pantry replacement...swapped hinges to re-use icebox door...securing snap strap idea from Chnlisle... also used one for my drawer to keep it from flying open and dumping its contents...

Attachments

• photo12.JPG
    photo12.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 920
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 932
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 830
Eye bolts & small bungees to secure back of couch. Allows things to be packed tightly behind the couch and not "explode" when bouncing down dirt roads. Idea from Chnlisle's old Ranger sold to TT...

Attachments

• photo10.JPG
    photo10.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 908
Cheap stick up hooks...we use these more than we ever imagined...

Attachments

• photo8.JPG
    photo8.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 672
Cheap Walmart levelers...

I think seeing this in your rig last year was why I recently glued a bullseye level on the corner of the bench plywood. Like yours, you can see how level you are standing outside the door.

We need to get one of these on board.

Yes, They make you feel even warmer looking at outside temps on those cold nights when the heater is on!!

El cheapo weather station ($15 on Amazon)...

Got mine at Target, holds min and max temps.

6:12 in the morning, 33 outside and a nice 66 inside :D
in out.jpg

No pics, too cold outside for me...

12"x12" stretchy cargo net attached to 5 d-rings in front of the open space forward of the counter in a Grandby. I stack my sleeping bag and blamkets and at times my motocycle helmet and other gear in that space. The net clears the bit of front window curtain also.

The hooks on the net are handy to hold a small mesh utility bag for dirty laundry to.

Anyone else have something cheap and effective to share?

I did a similar thing with a soft material....also have a doube paper towel rack:

kitchen_organizer.JPG

Here's the link:
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4275/

Double your $10.00 limit but a big bang for the buck. I put a digital programmable thermostat on the heater, $19.00 at Home Depot. Programmed to shut down after we are in bed and comes on just before I want to get up. Note doubles as an alarm clock :rolleyes: . Used it everyday on my big tip.

X2

Here's a pic....so it DID happen!

USB_port.JPG

Also added a cheap volt meter to the FWC panel....and a USB port for the MP3 player (114 albums...don't have to haul all those cd's).

volt_meter.JPG

I like that volt meter. I will be adding one.

It became kind of redundant after adding the solar system since the remote meter displays the same information (plus a lot more)...

solar7.JPG

solar8.JPG

I use those free plastic bags from Walmart and grocery stores for garbage bags but they always seem to be floating around and trying to get away. I took a empty paper towel tube and stuffed it full of the bags (I can get about 8 in) and now my bags are under control. If you really want to save space, stuff a tube with the towels still on. Now that I think of it, I'll do the same thing for my dog poop bags.

Cost = free!

Back
Top Bottom