Low Cost Mods

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Steve here are the photos you wanted.
Frank
attachicon.gif
IMG_0023.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_0024.jpg
Frank, thanks! Looks doable, even by me :)

Cheapo way to add loops to attach small bungees, etc. These are small nylon "R" clamps, universally available at Ace, Home Depot, in the electrical supplies section. I put them where there were existing screws, replacing the beauty washers so I did not lose screw purchase.

Work well for those small bungees to keep the trash can and porti potty in place.

Attachments

• IMG_3414_sm.jpg
    IMG_3414_sm.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 356
I've long called them by one (original?) mfg's name, "Adel clamp." Never heard "P" or "R" until now.

Ball bungees (or whatever you all want to call them) work well for temporary mounting of things like this small 12v fan on the roof push up board. I mounted this so it is close to me so it is moving air where it has the most impact --on me! The dual fans allow the 2nd one to be pointed down to the "guest bedroom" keepin them happy too! The cord is routed using the Velcro grommet hack mentioned earlier in this thread (great idea, BTW) and goes down to my Goal Zero Yeti 400 which provides plenty of power for this fan, with ~ .6 amp draw.
IMG_0482.JPG

While removing the cabinet front multiple times to replace the fresh water tank hose/sink drain/pump hose/etc, finally dawned on me that there has to be a better use for the screw heads. Now they sport the clip for hanging stuff. Purchased for <$3 at Tandy Leather Factory. Similar treatment to the bolt heads projecting from above the mirror on the rear lift panel. 4 nuts added with an assortment of hooks and D-Rings purchased at the local ACE hardware for <$5. Happy with multiple hanging options now.

full

full

full

full

OregonOzzy said:
While removing the cabinet front multiple times to replace the fresh water tank hose/sink drain/pump hose/etc, finally dawned on me that there has to be a better use for the screw heads. Now they sport the clip for hanging stuff. Purchased for <$3 at Tandy Leather Factory. Similar treatment to the bolt heads projecting from above the mirror on the rear lift panel. 4 nuts added with an assortment of hooks and D-Rings purchased at the local ACE hardware for <$5. Happy with multiple hanging options now.
That's a great mod!

I'm a little slow at times so pardon me if you all already figured this out, but the bungee cord that must be stretched between the window coverings when you take the top down, also fits nicely across the back panels. I put a roll of paper towels up there and use some of those cheap carabiners to hold other stuff. That's about as cheap as it gets!

IMG_3682-L.jpg
IMG_3683-L.jpg

BRILLIANT!

I'm gonna try this when I drive out to the Overland Expo east this week! Neat!

munchmeister said:
I'm a little slow at times so pardon me if you all already figured this out, but the bungee cord that must be stretched between the window coverings when you take the top down, also fits nicely across the back panels. I put a roll of paper towels up there and use some of those cheap carabiners to hold other stuff. That's about as cheap as it gets!

munchmeister said:

IMG_3682-L.jpg
IMG_3683-L.jpg
$0.00 cost is the ultimate Low Cost Mod. Kudos!

We sometimes rig our bungee from the rear wall knob (clove hitch) to the fantastic fan as a clothes line for wet rain gear, etc.

This isn't a mod per se, but I picked up a combo belt/bottle opener and haven't travelled without it since! $12 in some places online, I got mine - which should still be under $25 - at REI with a gift certificate, so in my case it was free.

Says 'unisex' but fyi for anyone looking I found it in the mens' department. And I've thrashed mine at chalk festivals, it cleans up well.

Have literally been hanging out with a couple of friends when one says, " Does anyone have a bottle opener?" Me: " Why YES! Hold on..." Hahahahaha

SBCHCBT_JC195318_fd797c78-775c-4062-b07e-395fad26a1f0_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Preparation is key... :D

Not sure if it bothers anyone else but does us. When trying to lay down on bed during HOT Texas summers the sun blasts in. The vents with tinted covers just don't block the sun / heat. So we bought a yard of the same material used in the thermal liner. Took measurments and asked friend to sew them up for us. Then I just added snaps that I bought at Lowes... the tool to install come with snaps. I replaced the screws that hold the plastic screen on. Same size flat head worked great. Now we can just snap in place to block sun and remove if not needed and vents open.

Attachments

• ventmod.jpg
    ventmod.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 275
XJINTX said:
Not sure if it bothers anyone else but does us. When trying to lay down on bed during HOT Texas summers the sun blasts in. The vents with tinted covers just don't block the sun / heat. So we bought a yard of the same material used in the thermal liner. Took measurments and asked friend to sew them up for us. Then I just added snaps that I bought at Lowes... the tool to install come with snaps. I replaced the screws that hold the plastic screen on. Same size flat head worked great. Now we can just snap in place to block sun and remove if not needed and vents open.
Nice work!

Back
Top Bottom