New project M owner here

fuse614

Hey 👋 everyone!

I recently just picked up a project M a few weeks ago and is currently doing a build out for my first gen Tundra. I plan on swapping out the AGM battery with 2 ecoflow delta 2s as it would leave me a smaller foot print with more power and less wiring. By any chance, has anyone ran Starlink to the roof of their topper? If so how are you feeding the cat 5 cable without it looking to tacky. I am trying to minimize drilling through the camper if I don't need to. Thanks again. Attached are some pics of the work in progress.

Attachments

• 20240710_134656.jpg
    20240710_134656.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 20240710_142121.jpg
    20240710_142121.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 52
I have installed Starlink and Solar on my campers. I used solar "glands" to pass the wires through the roof and then behind the push panels like the factory wires the Solar Panels.

I appreciate the response Vic! it looks like I may have to go that route then. I did happen to stumble across your post this morning since I have been looking for a solution to this. It seems like majority of the wires go through the headliner which makes it difficult for me to add and feed the cat 5 cable.

Not sure I understand. If I got you right, Yes, you have to punch a hole into the ceiling liner.

I got it! I was saying that my existing project M's solar wires are ran from the roof through this small rectangular panel through the headliner which makes it difficult for me to run the cat 5 along with it so I'll just end up installing the gland you suggested. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240712_113216.jpg
    20240712_113216.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 29
Welcome to the site. Vic is a great source of info.
Keep us posted on your build.It will be interesting to see a build of a Project M.
Frank
Thank you ill likely make a video and keep you all updated when it's almost complete. Paneling should be finished by tomorrow, then I'll run the plumbing and electrical!

Great to see Vic still so supportive, helped me so often. Also Frank above as well. After selling my 2018 Grandby Shell build last year, just sold my LB truck. Will be getting a Proj M to put on a 5.5’ Ford bed. I am in the SF Bay Area. I’ve looked at 80/20, so very interested in your layout design & your learning curve so far. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Great to see Vic still so supportive, helped me so often. Also Frank above as well. After selling my 2018 Grandby Shell build last year, just sold my LB truck. Will be getting a Proj M to put on a 5.5’ Ford bed. I am in the SF Bay Area. I’ve looked at 80/20, so very interested in your layout design & your learning curve so far. Best of luck!

Thank you. Cheers to you and your future PM. This has been my dream topper and after checking out my buddy's hawk, I was sold! This is actually my first 8020 project and I learned a lot from watching a lot of YouTube videos. My previous build in my old leer topper was strictly made out of wood. I was inspired by youtubers such as "Sponsored by wifey" "Norkis Serrano", "Johnny Taco Outdoors" and many more. I think 8020 is pretty forgiving when it comes to making small adjustments. For my needs, I wanted it to be able to have the following:

1. An on board water system
2. Place for my dog to sleep or 3rd person
3. A Dinette with the lagun table which extends the lower seating area into a bed
4. An electrical system that can be charged from multiple sources that can run my essentials and some extras..

The challenging part of the build is the layout. I'm just trying to figure out the most optimal way of keeping these systems in place without sacrificing storage for my essentials. I am lucky to have an almost 6.5 foot bed. I'm sure things would be a lot different if I had a 5.5 foot one.

Back
Top Bottom