Sightings thread

Winternationals last weekend.

Scout 1.jpeg

Monday February 19th mid afternoon, Death Valley National Park, southbound on Badwater Road and just a bit south of Badwater was an All Terrain Camper on a black pickup.

2/27/18 On Highway 77 I was headed northbound and saw an Eagle(?) on a white Taco heading south at a stop light in about Oro Valley then right around the turn off for Biosphere 2 I met a Dodge with a Hawk on the back.

Sounds like you spotted the elusive RamHawk, rarely seen in populated area's. I believe it's natural habitat is boondockering.

:)
Russ

Weds April 4 driving south on 101 from Bandon OR through Humbolt County I passed not one but two Alaskans driving north. Didn't pick up more details since we were heads-on and moving, but I couldn't help but hoot and wave a hand out the window. I figure the odds of seeing two Alaskans in one day are pretty astronomical heh

Sighted - right now - in the campground in Hot Springs NP, Arkansas:
A pop-up something on a white F150 with California plates.
IMG_20180426_162300.jpg
I'm camped in the same cg, but traveling in a... ummm...car :unsure:...so kinda incognito, wrt WTW.

Friday, 4 May 2018, at the McGee Creek trailhead - 37°33'04.44"N 118°48'07.84"W - an ATC Bobcat on a red Toyota Tacoma with California plates.

I had a very pleasant surprise sighting this morning.

I was camped at Elizabeth Furnace campground in George Washington National Forest and saw an FWC rig enter the virtually empty campground.

What are the chances it would be another Wander The West member here in Virginia?
Pretty good, it turns out.

It was iowahiker, just driving through the campground to see what’s here. We had a short chat and then needed to get on with our travels.

Nice meeting you, iowahiker!

Old Crow, Ditto. Enjoyed meeting you. We reached Pine Grove Furnace SP and just had burgers at the AT shop. A fair number of February launch through hikers are here. Off for NY tomorrow. Iowahiker

Just saw an FWC rig go by on US 340 between Charles Town and Harper’s Ferry, West Virginia as I gassed up and enjoyed my f’real milkshake. Looked like a white doublecab Tacoma with a Silver Spur edition camper.

Back
Top Bottom