Sightings thread

I saw a FWC Swift today on a black Tacoma at the South Rim Visitor Center, Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park in Colorado

gallery_8202_177_1324810.jpg

Sunday, June 3rd, a white 1st generation Toyota Tundra carrying a FWC. It also had a white wind deflector. This was at Iron Mountain on Iron Mountain Road in the Eldorado National Forest in California.

Note - I checked but did not find a match to one of the members with photos posted here -

Photos of WTW member trucks & campers

FWC with an awning mounted on a black truck heading south on the 101 at about the 202 interchange where mesa-Tempe-Scottsdale all run together. I was over in the slow lane stuck in traffic when it went motoring past in the HOV lane and was gone before I knew it.

Took a trip up the North Coast of CA to get away from the heat. Will try to get the TR up this weekend. Saw a total of 4 FWC's on the trip. Saw the one in the picture 3 times, in Mendocino where I took the picture and left them my card in the door window. Say them again driving out of Point Arena Lighthouse as we drove in. Once more when we passed them when they were pulled over on Hwy 1.

IMG_8117.jpg

Just back from a week in New Brunswick Canada on two islands: Deer and Grand Manan. As we were about to get on car ferry with our Eagle, a FWC came off! An unusual east coast sightings.

Saw several FWCs on our trip to see the Fall Foliage off of 395. Saw the three campers in the pictures at the top of Rock Creek Canyon. One Hawk was parked next to me and I stopped on the way out to take the picture of the Gramby and the second Hawk. I did leave my card on each rig.

IMG_9126.jpg

IMG_9163.jpg

We saw a Hawk/Tundra rig this morning in Baxter State Park, Maine.

We were both camped in Trout Brook Farm campground but he/she must have come in late and we were leaving early so I had no chance to contact the owner.

Very nice rig... modern Hawk with a driver-side window on a newish blue Tundra. Maine-flag front license plate. Maine has front number plates so the rig must be from out of state.

(Click to enlarge)

BaxterParkHawkRig.jpg

Spotted a black Chevy 2500 today with a FWC towing a white jeep in North San Juan on Hwy 49 heading south.
Later, we saw the same rig was on Banner Mtn. above Nevada City, my hometown. Small world, I guess.

Monday 24 December 2018, Xmas eve - saw an ATC Bobcat on a white Toyota driving in and then out of Atlatl Campground in Nevada's Valley of Fire State Park. If you happen to run across these folks, please tell them they have their camper top up. We were unable to get their attention.

ski3pin said:
Monday 24 December 2018, Xmas eve - saw an ATC Bobcat on a white Toyota driving in and then out of Atlatl Campground in Nevada's Valley of Fire State Park. If you happen to run across these folks, please tell them they have their camper top up. We were unable to get their attention.
We saw another Bobcat at VOF, on a white Ford Level II Ranger. It turned out to be great folks, the Ski3pins.

On New Year’s Eve, we saw another Bobcat in Shoshone. It was Moss Grimmick, one of our members.

Yesterday ( 1/10 ) I saw a blue Chevy 2500 crew cab w/a 10' CO Alaskan parked next to my work in Pacifica CA. When I had a chance I snuck out and circled around hoping to say hi to the owner. Just as well I didn't since I might have started geeking out and gotten busted.

Second Alaskan I've seen there - what are the odds - apparently I'm working in an Alaskan Camper vortex.

2/4/2019 heading south on Alma School in Mesa, AZ saw an older Hawk/Grandby on a white F-150(?) turned off before I was able to catch up.

I just saw an FWC Hawk on a blue Ford (F150?) on Florida SR29 south of Labelle at the Okaloacoochee Slough State Forest turnoff. Carrying a kayak. I followed him for a few miles but he turned west for Fort Myers and I’m southbound for the Picayune Strand State Forest.

Back
Top Bottom