Sightings thread

Spotted Friday on the 24 of February in the parking lot of the Alameda county fair grounds, attending the 2017 Fly fishing show.

FWC Hawk on a supecab F150 Ford. Very nice rig.perhaps white, I forgot the truck color, duh..

My delivery day becomes a little more exciting each day . I toast to a wonderful wet winter we are having in Ca.!
Auquatic wonderland. Especially as soon as the rain stops for the season. :)

Four wheel camper Fleet on Tacoma with bicycles heading East on I-10 about 37 miles east of Willcox Arizona. Around 9:30 a.m. on Saturday

hoyden said:
Whole bunches of FWCs at Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument campground! Wheee!
You just missed seeing me (and my FWC) there, too, by a couple of days and Wandering Sagebrush by a couple more days.
I'm in KOFA NWR now, headed north to Mojave Preserve tomorrow.

Two "summit meetings" this afternoon, Sunday, Mar 12 on CA89 between Mt. Shasta and Burney. I was northbound.

Near Dead Horse Summit, a mirror image of my dark metallic grey Tacoma with an ATC or FWC, going southbound around 2:45pm. You were behind a truck, but I think you saw me.

Near Snowman's Summit, a glimpse of an American truck with a pop-up camper on it, also going southbound around 3:15pm.

Sunday March 12 at about 1025am, south bound on Steilacoom-Dupont Road in Washington, older FWC (square rear door) on white Dodge 4x4 single cab. Are you a member here?
Bill

Tuesday March 16 at the Allsup's in Cloudcroft, New Mexico. A new looking Hawk on a black Dodge Ram with Texas plates. Talked briefly with the family and mentioned WtW. Hope they check in.

Friday, April 7th saw a dark, full size truck with a hawk I think eastbound on I-70 in Utah trailering a white Jeep. Guessing they were headed to the madness of Easter Jeep Safari in Moab.

Saw many other FWC's and ATC's on my 3 week journey but that was the last one that really stood out.

This one is a bit dated but figured it was worth a post. My sweetheart and I headed out on Sunday morning, April 2 to do a few days of volunteer work for the Oregon Dept of Fish n Wildlife. Counting sage grouse at some assigned lek locations in the hinterlands of far SE Oregon.
In the first 2 hours and approx 120 miles of our trip, we headed east on Hwy 20 from Bend to Burns we spotted 5 !!! pop-top campers coming at us heading west. 4 were for sure Four Wheel with one possible ATC. (4 Tacomas and one Tundra)
Got finger wave acknowledgement from 3 out of the 5.
Not sure what the odds are on this but seemed pretty crazy at the time.

We were in a silver Tacoma with a relatively new Fleet strapped on.

This morning (5/4) on Hwy 62 near the Butte Falls Cutoff, a dark late model, full size Ford with FWC. A flash of lights from both of us as we passed. I suspect I know who it was, let's see if they answer...

Saw a Grandby (?) on a Maroon 1st Generation Tundra Access Cab with Washington plates at the corner of Sprague and Post in downtown Spokane this evening. Watched the owners park and was hoping they were going to come in to the Ale House where I was eating but they went on down the street.

Camper went out over the tailgate with the gate down so guessing on Grandby, maybe something else...

Saw 4 FWC coming down Sonora Pass on Sunday. Waved at everyone, if you got a wave from an old fart on a white Ducati with a bright yellow jacket that was me.

Passed a FWC flatbed model Sunday in Stockton on the freeway. Gave you a big thumbs up as i rode by.

Back
Top Bottom