Sightings thread

Rented a house in Carmel for a few days. The Hawk below has been parked around the corner.
I left him a card.

IMG_402.jpg

Hey, very cool looking rig! That looks like a different way to do a "flat bed". I like it! Has that style of truck bed been written up here or on the Expedition Portal? If so, I must have forgotten where.

billharr said:
Rented a house in Carmel for a few days. The Hawk below has been parked around the corner.
I left him a card.

attachicon.gif
IMG_402.jpg
billharr said:
I left him a card.

attachicon.gif
IMG_402.jpg
billharr said:
I left him a card.

attachicon.gif
IMG_402.jpg
Bill

I have long wanted to set our Hawk on a utility body.

Did you notice whether they had narrowed the back of the camper to fit into that utility bed ?

Take any other photos ?

Very interesting.

Thanks

David Graves

I hope this wasn't one of the members... on I-90 near Souix Falls, SD, I saw what looked like a FWC Grandby heading west, with the right front corner of the top loose and up a foot or so. It looked like there was a twist in the roof. On a white pickup, maybe a Chevrolet. My condolences to who ever it was.

Friday 20 Oct.
About 11am Dark green Ford Ranger Super Cab with looks like ATC with 2 surf boards on top.
South bound near the 101 rest stop near Camp Roberts north of Paso Robles.

Also Sun Lite on a Dodge from Washington St. At beach parking lot on Moonstone Drive. Cambria Ca.
About mid morning Thursday,19 Oct.
Frank

Also on October 20th saw a Hawk (?) on a silver Dodge headed west on Brown between Greenfield and Val Vista here in Mesa. First FWC I've seen in town, didn't notice the plates, looked like maybe an Aluminess rear bumper.

Numerous FWC sightings in Colorado, 2 in our campground in Telluride, someone who just picked theirs up near Pagano Springs, CO and told them about Wander The West. Bumped into Dan Lin, his wife Marlene, the California couple, traveling the country with their kids at the Visitors Center at Black Canyon of the Gunnison. They have a blog site (Mali Mish)

Yesterday passed a FWC, red truck on Indiana 27 between Richmond,IN & Liberty, IN; they were headed North.

Saturday morning 21 October 2017 - west bound on SR120 in the Adobe Valley a white 1st generation Tundra with FWC and wind fairing. May have camped on east side of the highway in the outcrops above the sink.

ski3pin said:
Ha! Looks like we were sniffing around in the same canyon. A bit surprised to see someone was there after us on the same day.

What day was your pic taken? We almost meet again.

Tuesday afternoon 2 Jan 2018, north bound 395 at Topaz Lake, a silver bullet FWC eagle on truck with Vermont plates. Camper decked out with some sort of overland decal

Wednesday morning 27 Dec 2017, FWC grandby on white truck with Wisconsin plates parked at Dante's View, Death Valley National Park

gallery_1902_252_97089.jpg

Friday evening 29 Dec 2017, a FWC hawk on a Ford F150 drove up to our remote camp. These folks were so nice we invited them to share our campsite.

In the summer of 2015, we met a couple from Madison, WI, which is 130 miles east of us at Glacier CNP on our summer Canada trip. This past week we saw their Granby on their base trim Ford F-150 with the payload package (similar to ours) at the state forest near our home and stopped to say Hi. Small world.

Back
Top Bottom