Sightings thread

August 1st, saw a FWC silver bullet crossing the single lane bridge over the Dunder und Blitzen River in Oregon. We were far too far away to be seen.

Saturday morning, 8/3/19, a Hawk(?) on a dark truck in the Costco gas line at Country Club and Baseline in Mesa/Gilbert. I was on my way out and didn't see it until I was turning at the light.

Funny thing as I drive into a provincial park in Newfoundland... there was a FWC... and I knew him. From the next town over. Wild coincidence. We met 6 years ago and now we could sit down and talk travels far from home.

Saw and passed FWC on a Toyota with CA plate and two lawn chairs bungee to the back south bound on 93 in Nevada north of Wells. 50 mph in a 70 not so good.

August 5th, Warm Springs Trailhead highway 12 in Idaho, an older FWC on a white 1st generation Tundra. Board on the roof, CA plates. With the rusting jack brackets, I expect it to be from the coastal areas.

gallery_1902_252_321241.jpg

Not the typical sighting... FWC Granby on its jack stands beside a white Tundra outside a cute cottage on the shores of Trout Lake, south of Telluride, CO.

I passed by it several times driving along the lake, as I was camped out that way. Was tempted to knock on their door, but good sense prevailed, LOL.

Thursday August 22, silver bullet edition FWC fleet on a crew cab long bed Tacoma, South Dakota plates. filling up with gas at the only Chevron station in Eureka, Nevada.

Thursday, August 29... 2006 FWC Eagle on a red Nissan Frontier with Illinois plates at the Togue Pond entrance gate to Baxter State Park, Maine (home of Mount Katahdin, northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail).

I was at the gate registering to enter and he was approaching to exit. We spoke a few minutes and he said he had bought his camper from a lead on Wander the West. I believe he said his WTW user name is CharlieW.

Thursday 29 August, a FWC and ATC parked along highway 120 at The John Muir trailhead in Tuolumne Meadows. Three FWC's were parked at the Tioga Pass trailhead on the north side of 120.

Friday 30 August, a silver bullet FWC on a Ram with Nevada plates in the Saddlebag Campground north of 120 in the Inyo National Forest.

Saw a Bobcat on a white truck heading west on I-84, south end of La Grande, Oregon. Had a tan Toyota with flatbed Fleet pass us eastbound on I-84 near Mountain Home, Idaho.

I see pop-up campers so often in Bend anymore that I rarely note the Sighting.

But this ATC Ocelot -- seen at 2pm today in Bend in the Trader Joe's packing lot -- had so many notable features, distinguishing marks, that I figured I might as well take a picture and share it. Maybe someone knows this one.
On a Dodge with Oregon plates (obscured to protect the innocent).

ATC-Sighting-140533.jpg

After shooting the photo I went into TJ's to do my shopping, and I looked around to see if I could spot any pop-up people of the ATC breed. I wasn't able to pick them out... After I finished shopping, when I went outside the rig was gone.

Back
Top Bottom