Sightings thread

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Certainly.
New sighting. Looked like FWC Hawk at the golf course in scenic Idaville, Oregon, plus one on a green Tundra heading south on 101 towards Tillamook.
Was the one on green Tundra pulling my boat? Or had I just left the boat on its trailer with broken axle in Garibaldi?

Paul

Caught a few Redfin surf perch, then took a charter out of Garibaldi and got some nice rockfish. Took almost three weeks to deal with insurance & get new trailer. Tuesday & Wednesday this week had flat ocean. Went out of Garibaldi to Three Arches area. Three limits of 8” Dungeness, almost limited on rockfish plus one nice Ling cod for the three of us. Couldn’t have been nicer on ocean.

Paul

Just back from a week in SW CO - the aspen were gorgeous. So many photos it may take some time to put the trip report together. Saw quite a few FWC/ATCs up there, too many to list, and a s#!tload of those mass-market pop-ups.

One cool rig of note was a flat-bed mount on a late model tan Tundra coming down from one of the high passes at Animas Forks late Monday. We were on divergent paths so didn't get a good look, but I'm guessing FWC. It was following a yellow dog running down the road ;-)

Left yesterday morning drive south 395 checking out fall foliage along the way to South Lake and North lake above Bishop and back today around 4 pm.

At least 20 or more popup sightings. More popular than you think....

We saw a Hawk flatbed on a black Ram 2500 in Peaks of Otter campground on the Virginia portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway (milepost 86) this morning.

Texas plates. Towing an off-road trailer.

We stayed in the same campground last night but I didn’t get a chance to talk to the owner as we arrived late last night and left early this morning.

Because pop-up campers are relatively rare here in the Far East (i.e., coastal North Carolina), I figured I'd post this Sighting:
Today about 1230, heading south on NC 12 towards Cape Hatteras on the Outer Banks, a FWC (some model...) on a smallish pickup (some make...). I was heading north, after spending the night at Cape Point CG.

I know the feeling being from the NE.... I see a pop up my head turns fast and I start waving. Very rare. We have a dealer now in NH about 2 1/2 hours from here in Bow NH... nice folks so maybe we will see more. Thing is in the NE we have few places left to wander to to be alone like folks out west. We tend to go north for that .... but south for fun like the SE coast or the Appalachian mts .

One of 'em was us! We did a fall colors weekend Hope valley, Kirkwood, Iron Mt. Dennis Cr. Icehouse Rd, and South Lake around the west side (emerald bay) back to Reno-Town. Prolly waived at ya!
pvstoy said:
Left yesterday morning drive south 395 checking out fall foliage along the way to South Lake and North lake above Bishop and back today around 4 pm.

At least 20 or more popup sightings. More popular than you think....

Saw this nice looking rig not far from my house in So. Reno mid-day today. I know there's a full sized long bed Ram 3500 and Grandby right down the street, but haven't seen this tundra/hawk yet. 20191203_113944.jpeg

All Terrain Camper on unknown pickup - I was busy looking at the camper :) - parked along highway 89 at Luther Pass Sunday morning Dec 8th. Looked like a morning powder run on Waterhouse Peak.

Spotted in Tucson today. 1/30/20 Tacoma access cab Colorado tags- FWC Fleet at the end of Speedway/Saguaro National Park,Douglas Springs trail head

How many of you remember Darlene, the red diesel Ram pickup with the FWC, and the young couple with their dog living out of it? They wrote about their travels as the Traveling Trio and were members here as rystjohn. They settled down and sold the truck and camper.

We spotted Darlene parked in the Von's parking lot in Bishop, California on christmas morning. Single male climbed into the driver's seat and drove off.

Check this all original 63 Ford. I ran into this truck in Florida, the owner purchased it in Montana. This truck was passed down from a grandfather to a grandson and finally to the current owner. The truck has a 352 engine with a one ton rear axle. The front end has a 3/4 ton suspension. The camper body was built by another company to fit this ford. The owner told me it has a top speed of 62 mph. I didn’t see the interior.
61-D0-ECB9-BE0-D-4-B80-9-FED-60-C16-C39-CD2-C.jpg

Back
Top Bottom