So now it's the first day of Fall

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Ski come to the coast it's a bit cooler.
97.5,WOW
Frank
We're on our way. And about 180 family, neighbors, and close friends!

Just kidding. Currently 108 here at 7:00 pm.

It stayed warmer than normal into the evening here in Bend, too. It seems like the smoke is doing the same insulation against evening radiative heat loss as water-clouds do.

106* here yesterday, a new record. SCE sent out messages warning of potential PSPS outages in the next few days. Apparently they’re expecting a Santa Ana wind condition beginning tomorrow evening and we’re at the bottom of the wind tunnel. Great...high temps and winds, fires going already...what could go wrong?

On another note, the El Dorado Fire near Yucaipa was set off by a “smoke generating pyrotechnic device” being used for a gender reveal party held at a community park that abuts wild land. Really? What level of stupidity is required for that bonehead move? ‍♂️

Mighty Dodge Ram said:
106* here yesterday, a new record. SCE sent out messages warning of potential PSPS outages in the next few days. Apparently they’re expecting a Santa Ana wind condition beginning tomorrow evening and we’re at the bottom of the wind tunnel. Great...high temps and winds, fires going already...what could go wrong?

On another note, the El Dorado Fire near Yucaipa was set off by a “smoke generating pyrotechnic device” being used for a gender reveal party held at a community park that abuts wild land. Really? What level of stupidity is required for that bonehead move? ‍♂
A pretty high one. I hope they get the bill for the fire. Idiots :(

"From heat wave to record lows; early season cold snap coming to Rockies and plains"

20200907-1.png 20200907-Tu.png 20200907-We.png

Dang crazy weather! :oops:

The forecast winds might scour out some smoke. Or they might just fan the flames. Crossing my fingers.

craig333 said:
The forecast winds might scour out some smoke. Or they might just fan the flames. Crossing my fingers.
The winds have blown a lot of smoke into the Portland Metro area. We’re having average 16 mph winds here in Hillsboro, Or with a gust to 20. Very unusual for September. Hope I don’t lose any of my Doug firs.

Paul

Wild offshore winds....!

GOES16402020252InG5sj.jpg

Wow -- look at all that smoke on the water...

The air is clear and "normal" looking today here on "the east side" (east of the Cascade Range). But very-unseasonably cold -- 52F at 10 am. :eek:

Are you sure! Yesterday, walked the dog in cut-offs and a "T" shirt and temp in the 90's; today I wore long pants and a sweat shirt and it was in the 60's with a very cold and brisk north wind! By Friday, it is supposed to be in the 80's. I'm not really sure what season it is any more but that wind out there is something else ---and with all the Red Flag Warnings and fire restrictions, it is not the time you want to go camping and build a fire or use fire works! Not the mention all the idiots running around out there doing unsafe things-like some using fire works to celebrate, OMG, it sure is getting harder and harder to find a place to play (and I just started to unpack my fire ready bag too!)

Smoke

Impressive satellite photo! The wind is blowing here. I bet everyone is concerned about the radical wind shift dealing with the fires. The Slink Fire will now be moving west into the East Fork Carson River. We have ash today with the winds.

The power was shut off at 1am this morning...................

I got up and it was 79. Pretty gusty. I hope my new antenna was correct about not needing to be guyed.

Back
Top Bottom