Sure Power 1314 Recall - FYI

Thanks, Frank. I think I'm going to learn more about circuits and electricity before I decide what to do :)
Meanwhile, I'll just recharge if needed through a direct connection to the charging system and pull a fuse when the engine isn't running so the truck battery doesn't drain.

That was my fall back solution to the problem,it works.Have you talked to Marty at All Terrain Campers? He could answer your questions the best. Good luck and be safe.

Frank

That was my fall back solution to the problem,it works.Have you talked to Marty at All Terrain Campers? He could answer your questions the best. Good luck and be safe.

Frank

I haven't talked to them because my Hawk is a 2002 model. It originally had a solenoid thingy under the truck hood that always worked great. When I got a new truck, I installed the Sure Power 1314 myself because I read that 4 wheel was using them. It will work out.

I spoke with Marty and Jeff and they are very happy with the new unit. They feel the extra cost is well worth it. I have one on the way for the Cougar.

I spoke with Marty and Jeff and they are very happy with the new unit. They feel the extra cost is well worth it. I have one on the way for the Cougar.

Frank here from Denali. The replacement from Marty works great,no heat problems.

Frank

Still NOTHING from FWC on this issue.....extremely disappointing. It's now been over a month since Tom said we'd have an answer.

The Surepower people are now saying end of September for the solution. I was inadvertently contacted by the person handling the Australia returns, and they are being replaced with ARB.

I just e-mailed Judy at Sure power about the refund.They are getting around to setting up some sort of web site for the refunds.I am glad I talked to Marty about this problem for the unit I received from him works great and isn't a solenoid type so there isn't any heat in the battery box from the unit.hope others with this problem are getting it solved.

Frank

I just received the refund check in todays mail.Hope others have received theirs or the replacement separator.As for the unit I am using,an isolator it does the same as a separator but with a few differences .1,it doesn't get hot ,2 if you have a solar panel the design of an isolator will charge the truck battery also when needed. Thanks to uglyscout for the heads up on this problem.

Frank

Frank,
I spoke with Judy on Monday and she said things are speeding up. I'm installing the new ATC unit today. Nice thing about it is the solar panel will now charges my truck battery too.

ATC is installing a new unit that also will charge the truck battery if you have solar. Marty says he has a few in stock and has sent some out to the guys on this forum. They're around $80 and a simple install. I don't know what the SurePower refund is but what ever it is it will offset the cost of the new unit.
Here's a diagram of the change over install. Not rocket science.
Batt Isolators .jpg

ATC is installing a new unit that also will charge the truck battery if you have solar. Marty says he has a few in stock and has sent some out to the guys on this forum. They're around $80 and a simple install. I don't know what the SurePower refund is but what ever it is it will offset the cost of the new unit.
Here's a diagram of the change over install. Not rocket science.
View attachment 12771

Jay the rebate is $80.Martys price is about that.He pre wired the unit and it's a simple switch.It works so will,no heat problems and the feature that with solar it will charge both camper and truck battery.

Frank

I replaced my sure power with the new unit I got from Marty on Monday. I had placed my separator under the hood near the truck battery and I put the new unit in the same spot, that way all my wiring was an easy connect. I packed up the sure power unit and sent it to them yesterday. I'll let you you when the refund arrives.

I replaced my sure power with the new unit I got from Marty on Monday. I had placed my separator under the hood near the truck battery and I put the new unit in the same spot, that way all my wiring was an easy connect. I packed up the sure power unit and sent it to them yesterday. I'll let you you when the refund arrives.

Ski you will like the new unit.The rebate is $80 and now that they have it all set up they should get you a check out quickly.

Have you read the book "From Sea TO Shining Sea"? It's about the Clark family and the L&C expedition.A great read.Author is, James Alexander Thom

Frank

<snip>
Have you read the book "From Sea TO Shining Sea"? It's about the Clark family and the L&C expedition.A great read.Author is, James Alexander Thom

Frank

another to add to the list, thanks Frank!

Well I have two things to say. 1) pretty disappointed with FWC atm. Obviously not following through with things said earlier in this thread :mad: Really!?!?

2) I suppose I will be taking the good advice given here and contact Marty for the new unit. Can anyone fire me the contact info, maybe I overlooked it or I'm slow?

Not super excited to replace ths thing, it is very very tucked away in my cabinet. Like some serious hand cramping and neck tweaking is in my future. Or complete cabinet removal. What a pain. Anyways and as always, thanks team WTW for all the great help on this one.

Took my sure power out today with relative ease, got my ups label from them, and ordered a new unit from ATC. Looking forward to having this behind me. Found an unhappy battery surprise today though while working which I will put up in the truck camper forum.

Back
Top Bottom