Tacoma/Frontier/Mahindra Blues? Check this out

generubin

Electric Baja
Of course, not yet, if ever available in the USA. VW body on frame 4x4 diesel pickup gets 34 mpg, carries 2300 lbs, that's about twice as much as Tacoma or Frontier. My 2010 Jetta diesel gets 58 mpg at 75 mph hiway and is pleasure to own. I often tell my son, "could you imagine if we could get this Jetta diesel into a Tacoma!" Well here it is, only better due to the much higher payload. If enough people let VW know that we are interested, maybe it will come to the USA. Until then, I'll be happy with my Dodge CTD.

6a00d83451b3c669e2013487f0a648970c-800wi.jpg

Click me to see VW pickup info

Funny all those small trucks in Europe have big payloads. I guess they actually do work over there..........

If enough people let VW know that we are interested, maybe it will come to the USA.

That would be really nice. But I doubt it will ever see North America.

I am not holding my breath, but I sure hope I am wrong.

Easy answer: there is a 25% tariff on trucks imported into the US. We need some of that high priced talent in the auto industry to figure out how to build a workable diesel small truck in the USA. Toyota could do it tomorrow if they thought the market was big enough. The V dub truck is 163 horsepower and 205 lb ft torque which is sufficient to haul a camper around but I don't think you will get many speeding tickets.

Back
Top Bottom