The Landscape Photography Thread

Your photos look great; once clicked upon. WTW hosting versus providing links from other sites has been a challenge for many.
I personally use bbcode link provided by Smugmug. If you host your photos online, you can just copy & paste the link.

Larch trees on Panorama Ridge
That shot is fantastic. What a scene!

Vic, I like your work. The Capitol Reef and Larch trees are very nice.

Like Andy, I link to photos most of the time. It's a little easier, and the photos display better.

Just a bit of a signal... So a couple from Death Valley, down by Ashford Mill.

24878454104_9102621994_c.jpg

25416213091_f368c9540e_c.jpg

After leaving the Three Rivers National Petroglyph Site, we went to the Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument near Mountainaire, New Mexico. Even though the missions and pueblos are mostly reconstruction, they are stunning. This is the Mission de San Gregorio de Aló. We also visited Gran Quivira, but saved Quarai for next trip. The missions were abandoned by the 1680s.

25846469166_1ddd024b02_c.jpg

This is a shot I took a few years ago during monsoon season when I was a volunteer at Hovenweep. As soon as the rain stopped I hurried out to see if I could get some puddle reflections.

_1000162-Edit.jpg

Here in the Sierra foothills there's a special place called Table Mountain. Now a volcanic plateau, it was formed when a lava flow came down an ancient river channel and solidified. As the surrounding valley sediments eroded, the plateau was left almost a thousand feet higher. Table Mountain is famous for vernal waterfalls (nearly a dozen) and springtime floral displays.

Ranch Falls

Another view of Ranch Falls

Coon Canyon with Sutter Buttes visible beyond Thermalito Afterbay

Schirmer View

Off trail view of a dramatic canyon.

Crevice Falls

In the middle of seven miles of xc walking. The ground is littered with chunks of basalt? and a walking stick/monopod is recommended.

It's quite busy on the weekend,

but just head north or south off the Hollow Falls trail and find your own bliss.

What a neat place I have never seen! Thanks for posting the images and story behind them. A lot of photo possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom