The Landscape Photography Thread

Andy, love the train photo. I remember riding the train between Chicago and Minnesota in the winter. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

This is pretty much what the weather was like when we went to Reelfoot Lake in TN to photograph eagles. Freezing rain kept us from driving to the refuge so we mostly stayed around camp and shot what we could.

_D8E3275_HDR-Edit-Edit.jpg

Stalking Light said:
Thanks, and yes, they are bald cypress. I need to revisit this place in warmer weather when the lilly pads are blooming around the trees.
I like the drama in the water and clouds. You dun good!

I took a quick two day trip to Yosemite to see the famous Horsetail Falls. My better half understood that I would be monomaniacal and wisely declined to join me. Then there's the dog issue, which isn't a great fit either. So, I was free to roam and stayed at a motel in El Portal.

I'm still processing images and possible timelapse of sunset at Horsetail Falls (Ansel referred to it as El Capitan Falls).
Here's a two shot stitch of the waterfall from the Northside Drive where Galen Rowell took his famous photo in the 1970's.

Yes, the main parking areas were a zoo. However, both nights I found a spot that had a decent view without feeling crowded.
On Sunday, I picked a spot on the Southside. Eventually fifty or more photogs set up nearby with half a dozen close to me. Friends were quickly made and I found everyone to be polite and helpful. That was my experience the whole weekend.

The shot I posted here was taken from a snowy clearing about a 1/4 mile east of the El Cap picnic area on the Northside. The park service closed one lane for parking, and I was able to set up close to my vehicle. I did get there almost three hours early, but brought a chair and ate an early dinner while hanging out on the warm afternoon.

After the shoot, I packed quickly to beat the crowds and just got out ahead of the traffic jam. With some speedy driving, using a different route through Copperopolis, I made it home by 10pm. :)

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Vic, I am of the same opinion as Frank and Andy. Join in, share what you know, learn from others, and enjoy.

I know that I learn a lot from what is posted here, in terms of composition and technique with both camera and software.
OK, I'll bite. Trying this with some panorama's I have taken on hikes in the last two years. No idea if I have this gallery upload and linking stuff figured out... here goes...
full

full

full

Back
Top Bottom