The Landscape Photography Thread

As someone who grew up in the Southern Appalachians, I can say that Charlie has a way of capturing the warmth and welcoming feel of the area. I guess I'm saying that good memories are invoked by his photos, especially those including water and fall colors.

Thanks, again for drawing me back in with this photo.

Paul

A corner of Badlands NP, early evening light.

2016_09_12_5591-PS (Medium).jpg

Fall Colors for a Winter's Day...

We are hunkered down and waiting for the freezing rain to arrive. So, I am into the photo archives looking for images that I haven't worked before. This is from fall 2012, taken at Silver Falls State Park, Oregon.

32165150655_3a94a32709_c.jpg

Windy and rainy conditions have kept me indoors most of the weekend, and able to process some shots from our winter sojourn to Death Valley / Alabama Hills. Future TR may include a few of these, but here's the first showing.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Steve those Maples are beautiful.Where is the Santiam Corridor?
Frank
Hi Frank, This is along the Santiam River between Salem and Sisters, Oregon. On a good color year, it can be really spectacular up there.

Lighthawk said:
Windy and rainy conditions have kept me indoors most of the weekend, and able to process some shots from our winter sojourn to Death Valley / Alabama Hills. Future TR may include a few of these, but here's the first showing.

The moods are always so varied at this spectacular place! Well done!

Mr 3Pin, I must say I like that photo, and the other like it in your blog!!! I'm curious to see what it would look like in a monochrome version. Do you feel like bringing out your inner Ansel Adams?

I have no idea how well I do - or can do - with this process, but here goes and thanks for the suggestion Mr. Sage. Also, both in this photo and the one above, I cloned out many of the short pines coming up, it seems to made a cleaner composition. Previously I had also cloned out several people.

Yosemite-Jan-2017-073-BW-copy.jpg

I think ya did pretty dang good. If you know how to work with burn dodge layers, bringing the highlights down in the right top would make it even better.

If you're not familiar with that, I can talk you through it...

Monochrome is so spectacular!

Back
Top Bottom