The Teds have a new Hawk

Ted said:
Like many others, we replaced the thermostat with a digital one that can be set as low as 40 degrees. This one is pretty simple - heat only, non-programmable.

gallery_176_731_410498.jpg

It is nice to have three drawers compared to the one in the old Hawk, but it really bugged me that FWC made all of the drawers so short. I couldn't fit any of my cooking utensils or foil and baggies into them. There is room in the counter so why not make them as long as possible? I built a new drawer box out of scraps I had in the garage. Here is a comparison of the size.

gallery_176_731_439567.jpg

We have one of the larger porta-potties. I like having the larger holding tank. It didn't quite fit in the storage space between the door and dinette. So I raised the top about 5/8". That worked, but it is kind of a pain to have to pull it out of the storage space and turn it to use it. So I hinged the lid to the storage space so the porta-potti can be used in place. Note there are also footman's loops here per Ski3pin's mods to strap the porta-potti in place.The jury is still out on this one. It is a tight fit to use it here and difficult to keep the storage and potti lids up while in use. Still refining this idea.

gallery_176_731_166919.jpg

gallery_176_731_165963.jpg

gallery_176_731_525214.jpg
Hi Ted,

Which porta potty are you using? Thanks,

Jim

Back
Top Bottom