The Wildlife Photography Thread

Sow teaching her cubs to fish. They are looking and diving down into the pool to bring up downer Sockeye which are all but dead.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 27
Kispiox said:
How are you guys loading images so large without having to tap on them?
I link to Flickr. Let me know via PM if you need help. I believe it's been posted before, but it might be good to put it in one of the technique threads.

I'm a novice compared to you guys. I'm trying to load from photos on my iPad. It is telling me the files are to large. Is there a way to do it from my device? If you have a link that's great too. I'd like to know what options there are. Tried a search but the search function is very poor.

I haven't figured it out on the iPad either. From a computer, I get the image address, then use the photo link icon to place it in the posting.

Anyone got it figured out?

Griz on Coho... This was a test with an image reducer but it still requires a tap. I guess I'm too old and challenged for this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 27
I've been upgrading the iMac this weekend, plus getting the FWC ready for a trip to Central Oregon. So, in-between all of that, I wanted to check out the new OS, and how it behaved with OS X 10.10.3. This is one from
the archives. Taken at Damon Point, Washington, during one of the Snowy Owl irruptions.

18993087365_e0b9a9795a_c.jpg

One more...

18989584662_fa3c58bfb6_c.jpg

And another...

18810635060_de69428df5_c.jpg

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I haven't figured it out on the iPad either. From a computer, I get the image address, then use the photo link icon to place it in the posting.
Anyone got it figured out?
I found an app called "Image Size" for my iPad that resizes photos and allows me to post to WTW from my iPad. It's a bit cumbersome but itis free! It also works with my iPhone.

Also, you folks take and make some beautiful images, I appreciate your willingness to share.

Otis said:
I found an app called "Image Size" for my iPad that resizes photos and allows me to post to WTW from my iPad. It's a bit cumbersome but itis free! It also works with my iPhone.
Also, you folks take and make some beautiful images, I appreciate your willingness to share.
Thanks Otis

I guess I am challenged. I have the application to reduce the size, however when I attach the image it is posed as a thumbnail that requires a click to bring it up to a viewable sized image. Others here are posting images already sized as viewable content? My guess is it is stupid simple and I am too stupid to get it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 22
Kispiox,
The full size ones are hosted on an external site and a link to them is in the post.
The thumbnail ones are hosted on WTW and require a click

Your thumbnail link
http://www.wanderthewest.co
m/forum/uploads/monthly_06_2015/post-4320-0-37000200-1435162277_thumb.jpg

Sage's owl link on previous page
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/478/18993087365_e0b9a9795a_c.jpg

That seems to be important.

Paul

Paul T...
Thank you! Roger that. I have it in my small brain now. I'll need to spend some dough on an external host if I want to share with others. Most appreciated. Some magnificent images here. Thanks to all!

Kispiox said:
Paul T...
Thank you! Roger that. I have it in my small brain now. I'll need to spend some dough on an external host if I want to share with others. Most appreciated. Some magnificent images here. Thanks to all!
Flickr is free, as are others. The only downside is you get some degree of advertising with the freebie.

I spent a couple of days in Central Oregon, doing a lot of photography, and getting to meet MarkBC. I will put a mini TR together, along with a couple of shots of Mark and our campers, but until I do... Here's one from the photo shoot.

It's a male Western Bluebird (Sialia mexicana), bringing food to the hatchlings in the nest.

18483982283_bd9b2291f6_c.jpg

Here's a shot of the female removing a fecal sac (the original disposable diaper) from the nest.

19098254656_69fbb21522_c.jpg

PaulT, Frank: Thanks for the kind words. Here's a shot of a Williamson's Sapsucker (female). This is a bird that I had previously not been able to photograph.

19129253971_eb41a8370f_c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom