The Wildlife Photography Thread

Thanks guys. I probably should look into getting an EXIF reader on my computer for those times I wonder about . . . EXIF :)

This monochrome phase has spread to wildlife...

Tender Moments...

11216405664_8c106d59e9_c.jpg

And a portrait...

10858575505_e77758d034_c.jpg

John, all you have to do is listen to the politicians to realize how incredibly smart ravens are.

Nice shot!

Mr. 3Pin, thanks for the kind words. Both of those birds were photographed in DVNP.

Thx!

Wandering Sagebrush said:
John, all you have to do is listen to the politicians to realize how incredibly smart ravens are.
By that measure, so are inbred domestic turkeys :)

Went up to the Smokies for a quick overnight hoping to get some sparring action from the rut in progress. Unfortunately a lot of folks who sell to hunting mags were there too and they want a closeup shot of the racks, so they tend to herd the bucks around with their cameras and end up chasing them back into the woods before they can joust. Every time a nice buck would emerge from the woods he was quickly surrounded by a crouching camo clad posse. :( I did get a few nice shots of this guy, though, before he took off with his 'followers'.

_D4S0554-Edit.jpg

Thanks, I'll probably head back up after Christmas and see what's going on then. The battles are fun to watch but the last few years there have just been too many people getting in the bucks' faces to let nature take its course.

I took the dog down to the rice fields to play with my new lens. It was overcast with low hanging fog as the sun set.
Callie turned a rabbit and they did a nice zig zag dance down the levee in front of me. Brer Rabbit then decided to reverse direction and run past me.

It's still quite wet here, but we may get a bit of dry weather off and on until Wednesday. I'm going through the archives, looking for images I haven't published, and occasionally reworking one. Here's a few shots of one of the female coyotes at Ridgefield NWR.

23097629284_b37ac16cca_c.jpg

Seductive...

23700003706_8bbd762618_c.jpg

Andy, Mr. 3Pin, thank you!! I've got a thing going with coyotes. The sad story is that refuge mgmt. killed most of the coyotes in order to increase survival rates for columbian white tails that were brought in from a down river refuge.

Back
Top Bottom