The Wildlife Photography Thread

Motherly Love...

23585926810_466b041fa9_c.jpg

Lighthawk said:
Thanks park. I'm liking the shot more myself, with the rattle being displayed from the coiled viper.
I shot with a smallish mirrorless camera using a mid-range zoom from about five feet away, while he hid under a bush.

I worry about our dog too. I've never had a dog get bitten, but have run into rattlers quite a few times in southern California and Baja.
We've avoided certain trails that have large populations of rattle snakes, since we hike with our dog.
I have a friend who encouraged his young dog to "engage" with a gopher snake. The snake struck and scared the crap out of the dog and now he won't go anywhere near any kind of snake. He did this deliberately as we do have rattlers around here.

Cool shots, Shadyapex. But they are showing up as thumbnails. Maybe see if you can share something that's 600 pixels or wider?
In any case, the heron with desert background is pretty darn cool!

Lighthawk said:
Cool shots, Shadyapex. But they are showing up as thumbnails. Maybe see if you can share something that's 600 pixels or wider?
In any case, the heron with desert background is pretty darn cool!
They should be 1000 px. I shared from My Media on this site. Are they not clickable for a larger image? They are for me.

Lighthawk said:
Look great now! Amazing shot of two hawks mating.
Do you know which species raptor they are?
Yeah, I finally figured out the correct link on my zenfolio site to show the full image in the body of the post.
The raptors are a pair of Cooper's Hawks that have taken up residence in my neighborhood for the last few years. I have a big community of feeder birds so I think that's a big draw. The earlier pic of the Hawk taking off is one of the juveniles from a couple of seasons ago.

Back
Top Bottom